Thread: US women soccer vs denmark

US women soccer vs denmark

in the opening round of the 2012 Algarve Cup. Game started at 9am (PST)..you can follow something similar to game tracker. Alex Morgan is starting. After 16minutes 0-0.

http://matchtracker.ussoccer.com/?id...5467d2c4ce8376

The star has shined again,..Morgan 2 goals & 1 assist..to lead USA to victory 5-0. Next game on Friday against Norway.

Post game quotes from the coach on Alex.

“We changed the outside mids, and even though Abby (Wambach) didn’t play the whole game, still we scored goals. That says something about how we have many good, versatile players and we have and the different combinations we can put out there. Having Alex (Morgan) playing well, she brings out the best performance in the players around her.”

On Morgan embracing her new starting role…
    “She’s been playing well for a while now, but now is the first time she is in the starting lineup for more than one game and not only that but she plays 90 minutes. During the World Cup she helped the team tremendously coming off the bench. She will help this team being on the field for 90 minutes for many games I think. For young players, there will be ups and downs, but her speed and her technique is better than a year ago and she’s a goal scorer that’s for sure.”
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 02-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.

That is 8 goals in the last 6 games for her. Her movement on and off the ball is something I haven't seen before in woman's soccer. Her instincts and scorer's mentality resemble what you'd see in the men's game. She reminds me of Van Persie with that left foot. I think she is going to surpass Mia, Abby, and Akers. We may be watching the greatest of all time take shape before us.

Rapinoe is damn good too--very crafty with a great cross.
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

Quote Originally Posted by blungld View Post
    That is 8 goals in the last 6 games for her. Her movement on and off the ball is something I haven't seen before in woman's soccer. Her instincts and scorer's mentality resemble what you'd see in the men's game. She reminds me of Van Persie with that left foot. I think she is going to surpass Mia, Abby, and Akers. We may be watching the greatest of all time take shape before us.
    We may be watching the 2 greatest of all time. Abby Wambach has 132 goals in 173 caps for the WNT. She had 66 goals in her first 84 caps. She's #2 on the all-time list and will pass Mia Hamm at 158 goals in the next 2 years probably.

Alex Morgan has 18 goals in 33 caps, but now that she's getting 90 minutes/cap, her scoring rate will go up. She's so fast and strong that the defenders literally bounce off her trying to knock her down. And she's a freakin' assassin striking the ball into the back of the net. Her headers could use work, I think. Abby Wambach is the master there.