Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTimes Reports Cal Lost to South Florida

Glad to see that you love Jesus! Not many leftists do.

What would Jesus's bracket be...I mean other than Notre Dame because he is sentimental about mom.?

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    What would Jesus's bracket be...I mean other than Notre Dame because he is sentimental about mom.?
    No, is Boston College out? Is the USF we are playing not the Hilltoppers?

Quote Originally Posted by OdontoBear66 View Post
    No, is Boston College out? Is the USF we are playing not the Hilltoppers?
    Cal appears to now be playing the USF "Dons," according to THE President.

See, Obama's official re-election site, the aptly named BarackObama.com, has a "Bracket Challenge" feature, and when you mouse over USF on the presidential bracket, it explains that USF stands for ... "University of San Francisco."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/...obama#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Golden One View Post
    Glad to see that you love Jesus! Not many leftists do.
    Many Righties "claim" that they love Jesus, but from their actions it is clear that they do not. ("If you love me keep my commandments") Sort of like a Mafia Don attending Catholic mass on Sunday.

But back on point -- I thought that God was a Golden Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by 68great View Post
    Many Righties "claim" that they love Jesus, but from their actions it is clear that they do not. ("If you love me keep my commandments") Sort of like a Mafia Don attending Catholic mass on Sunday.

But back on point -- I thought that God was a Golden Bear.
    Just had a flashback to the baptism scene with Michael Corleone professing his love for Jesus while his underlings were simultaneously killing off all his enemies.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBull View Post
    Just had a flashback to the baptism scene with Michael Corleone professing his love for Jesus while his underlings were simultaneously killing off all his enemies.
    MamaBull, you are awesome!

I guess that this thread shows what a diverse lot we Bears are. That is a good thing, even though I thought that I was somehow mistakenly on the Texas A&M board for a moment.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar

See, Obama's official re-election site, the aptly named BarackObama.com, has a "Bracket Challenge" feature, and when you mouse over USF on the presidential bracket, it explains that USF stands for ... "University of San Francisco."

You have to be the best opposing team poster ever.

Congratulations on your upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    +1
    MamaBull, do you have any more kids? If so, could you send one to Cal? If not, the next nearest qualified family member will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Thanks.

I remember very well when many Cal fans visited our board in 2001 when your basketball team came to play USF in Tampa. They all were very gracious, even after they got drubbed. I only hope that I can be as gracious if we lose. I'm generally not that good a loser.

I just looked at the POTUS' site and USF is listed correctly. It's not like Mr. Obama is putting this site up himself.

Is it just me or doe the picture of the POTUS playing b-ball look like he is shooting two-handed? I thought he was supposed to be a good player?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    +1
    MamaBull, do you have any more kids? If so, could you send one to Cal? If not, the next nearest qualified family member will suffice.
    Sorry, I only have one, but he would fit right in at Berkeley. He is a full-time professor with a PhD in English and Philosophy, and plays bass guitar in a rock band on the weekends. Hence the name "Proud" Mama Bull.

Sorry, I only have one, but he would fit right in at Berkeley. He is a full-time professor with a PhD in English and Philosophy, and plays bass guitar in a rock band on the weekends. Hence the name "Proud" Mama Bull.
    Congratulations. The apple did not fall far from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipItOutJoe View Post
    Is it just me or doe the picture of the POTUS playing b-ball look like he is shooting two-handed? I thought he was supposed to be a good player?
    I think that might be of him going up for a layup or something.

But yeah, his jump shot usually looks awkward. On the other hand, he also usually makes them.