Thread: What Time Will We Play on This Sunday?

What Time Will We Play on This Sunday?

Assuming that we win on Wed. and Fri., does anyone know what time we will play on Sunday in Nashville?

Am making a schedule for Sunday, and want to leave open our (possible) game time.

Thanks for any help on this. In my brief search, I failed to answer my own question.

Have you already cleared New Year's Day, too?

Quote Originally Posted by south bender View Post
    Assuming that we win on Wed. and Fri., does anyone know what time we will play on Sunday in Nashville?

Am making a schedule for Sunday, and want to leave open our (possible) game time.

Thanks for any help on this. In my brief search, I failed to answer my own question.
    The exact time is to be announced after Friday's games are finished, but if you want to narrow it down, assuming you want the time PDT, it will be either 9 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., or 6:30 p.m. You think it is a pain for scheduling watching the game? Think about how it is when you have tickets in Nashville and planning for Sunday or return flights. Will the 2 games start at 11 a.m. CDT, 4 p.m., 5 p.m., or 6 p.m.?

Second round Sunday was easier when the games were only on CBS because there were only 2 possible approximate start times Pacific Time for the pair of games in the 4 sites on Sunday, 9 a.m. or 11-11:30 a.m. (since CBS wanted to finish Sunday games in time for 60 Minutes). Now? 4 possible start times for the 4 sites wildly spread out.

CBS will be broadcasting the 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. pair, plus the first half of the 2 p.m.-4:30 p.m. pair. My wild guess is that CBS will want to have both Duke and North Carolina, just because the networks generally wet their pants over those two teams, which would mean that the Greensboro pair would be the 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. If I took an even wilder guess, I'd guess that CBS wouldn't mind having Kansas as the 2 p.m. game. This would leave the likely Missouri v. Florida or Virginia game for truTV at 4:30.

If my wild, pull it out of my butt guesses are correct, that leaves Cal at 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., or 6:30 p.m.

Of course, CBS could completely shock me, and decide there is nothing better to have on at 9 a.m. than the Michigan-Cal game, two great public universities in blue and gold (maize, whatever), followed by Florida St. and the Cincinnati/Texas winner, and they'll put Duke-Notre Dame on 2 p.m. because they'll get all the Duke lovers and haters AND all the Notre Dame lovers and haters, for the game that will run into the CBS prime time schedule for those morons back east who want to watch 60 Minutes instead of the NCAA tournament back east. This would then let truTV have North Carolina. Of course, if CBS mostly wants Duke-Notre Dame at 2 p.m., they might decide they want Georgetown v. SD St. or NC St. and Michigan St. v. Florida or Virginia in the morning.

I really doubt that CBS wants its 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. pair to feature the Kansas and Missouri games, or the Florida St. and Michigan games, or the Georgetown and MSU games (of course, assuming none of those teams gets upset Friday) when they could have Duke and North Carolina, so I feel pretty good about the NC and Duke games being the first pair, but again, this is my wild guess. Doubt they want Cal-Michigan for the third game, My guess is Kansas is most attractive outside of UNC and Duke in terms of a national audience.

I'll stick with my best guess of a start anywhere from 3 to 6:30, but TV executives have fooled me before, so I make no promises.

I heard that you aren't allowed to make such contingency plans on this board.

Therefore, I am taking the liberty to do this to you.

no bear
    MamaBull is right.

Do not slight the Woofing Gods!

no bear
    Come on, you know that you are helpless on Sunday if the Bears play. Go to Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond some other weekend.

Old School - So get when it hits your lips!

Thanks, Cal8285

So, it is really impossible to plan that day, in a sentence.

I appreciate your analysis, and also that you did not call for my head...

So, it is really impossible to plan that day, in a sentence.

I appreciate your analysis, and also that you did not call for my head...
    Here is Socaltownie's plan. "Honey, we can do really anything you want EXCEPT if Cal wins tonight and Friday and, if that, please take the kids to Disneyland and don't come back till 9"

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    Here is Socaltownie's plan. "Honey, we can do really anything you want EXCEPT if Cal wins tonight and Friday and, if that, please take the kids to Disneyland and don't come back till 9"
    A great plan, but my problem is not the wife, but all the grown daughters, who somehow do not really appreciate the Bears...

sure looking like todays game will be the last

no bear

This thread is classic Cal delusion. Team down 36-13 in the playin game at halftime, but there's a thread about tip time in game that would require us to win two tournament games.

South bender, for provoking the woofing Gods, I hereby sentence you to wearing a Joe Ayoob jersey to work for a week straight.