Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81

Thread: OT: Band's taunt: 'Where's your green card?' (Southern Miss)

  1. #1
    FingeroftheBear
    Guest

    OT: Band's taunt: 'Where's your green card?' (Southern Miss)

    Southern Miss band members deliver racist taunt at NCAA tournament game

    I guess the NCAA tourney is full swing...and Mississippi is still Mississippi.

    Well this is just all kinds of wrong: Southern Miss band members taunted a Kansas State player with chants of “Where’s your green card?” during the teams’ second-round NCAA tournament game in Pittsburgh today.

    The player in question, Wildcats freshman guard Angel Rodriguez, is from Puerto Rico, so he’s a U.S. citizen.
    Imagine that happening with Cal and Jorge. I'd be ready to storm Southern Miss' band...just for the hell of it.

    p.s. karma's a real bi-otch, K-state rolled SMU big time.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Island of Manhattan
    Posts
    15,565
    It's so wrong it's unbelievable.

  4. #4
    True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Island of Manhattan
    Posts
    15,565
    Thanks for the link. Most posters seemed pretty intelligent.

  5. #5
    Gotta love the deep south,I guess they were all fired up about Santoriums victory and his stance on puerto Rico gaining statehood only if you speak English. I thought George Wallace was dead.

  6. #6
    FingeroftheBear
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    Gotta love the deep south,I guess they were all fired up about Santoriums victory and his stance on puerto Rico gaining statehood only if you speak English. I thought George Wallace was dead.
    Don't look now...From Rick's website: "A wealth of research is now available demonstrating that pornography causes profound brain changes in both children and adults, resulting in widespread negative consequences."

    Turd blossoms in full bloom in the south.

  7. #7
    Its official, I'm changing my voting registration from Republican to Libertarian, I can't be associated with people like this anymore

  8. #8
    Its even more depressing thinking that this same man might have a chance to run this country.

    I would really like to know what his "wealth of research" is. Rick, your mother doesnt count as a viable source.

    I wonder if he still believes that masturbating will cause hair to grow out of your palms

  9. #9
    Before I go off-topic, does anyone know if Southern Miss offered an apology? These chants are reminscent of the stories Jeremy Lin told of how fans would call him a c*ink, slant their eyes and yell - "Hey Jeremy, can you see the ball?"

    Racism still exists and the only way we can address it is educating people about it.

    And now off topic-

    Thanks to Romney, Newt, and Rick - the GOP party is going down the drain. Their campaign against women is bizarre, but hey - as a Democrat - fine with me. I like Obama and want 4 more years!

  10. #10
    True Blue Golden Bear okaydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bearilinga, CA
    Posts
    15,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    Before I go off-topic, does anyone know if Southern Miss offered an apology? These chants are reminscent of the stories Jeremy Lin told of how fans would call him a c*ink, slant their eyes and yell - "Hey Jeremy, can you see the ball?"

    Racism still exists and the only way we can address it is educating people about it.

    And now off topic-

    Thanks to Romney, Newt, and Rick - the GOP party is going down the drain. Their campaign against women is bizarre, but hey - as a Democrat - fine with me. I like Obama and want 4 more years!

    Read the thread I linked to above. the president apologized.

  11. #11
    "Most posters seemed pretty intelligent." On the first page, perhaps - try wading through the following two pages, however. Wow, just wow...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by okaydo View Post
    Read the thread I linked to above. the president apologized.
    Thanks! I was posting on a mobile phone so didnt have time to read the links.

  13. #13
    no bear
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SODA Hall Showers
    Posts
    5,274
    Given the sort of anti-immigrant climate the US is in we probably shouldn't be that surprised.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunk View Post
    Given the sort of anti-immigrant climate the US is in we probably shouldn't be that surprised.
    Disgusted, yes. Surprised, unfortunately no.
    Strongly abides by the motto: "safety third"

  15. #15
    Fug the south.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •