Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round #2: Notre Dame - Tues. 4:00 PM PST

Hybrid View

Round #2: Notre Dame - Tues. 4:00 PM PST

IIRC, Notre Dame recruited at least 3 Bears: Layshia, Justine, and Talia.

I thought Cal looked great against Iowa.

Layshia was 0-5 from beyond the arc, but on target, so hopefully that falls for her against ND.

Our post game really clicked.

Eliza has come a long way offensively. With ND's guards, we will need her on the floor a ton, so I'm glad she's been able to knock down shots.

Boyd was named player of the game by the broadcasters (and I thought they did a great job calling the game. They knew our personnel very well. I've always liked Doris Burke). Boyd did everything, but I think our fans will be most pleased by the 8 assists to 2 turnovers.

One concern I had was the size mismatch between Logic and Boyd. Fortunately, Logic shied away from posting up, though she was often in favorable position to do so. But ND's more experienced guards might not pass up those opportunities.

Afure played 6 more minutes than Sherbert at the wing and looked more impactful. It will be interesting to see who gets deployed and how in defending ND's elite backcourt.

can't discount a little better shooting game ahead just based on getting a second look at the same arena...

no bear
    The Iowa PG was getting to the basket pretty easily. And Skylar Diggins is the best guard in the nation. This makes me nervous.

On the other hand, we have a lot more size down low. We also have moral and intellectual superiority, as our team represents the greatest university in the world. Go bears!
    Last edited by The Duke!; 03-19-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke! View Post

On the other hand, we have a lot more size down low. We also have moral and intellectual superiority, as our team represents the greatest university in the world. Go bears!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke! View Post
    The Iowa PG was getting to the basket pretty easily. And Skylar Diggins is the best guard in the nation. This makes me nervous.
    I don't know why but the team really don't provide any weak side help when some one drives. I see their guards penetrate but instead of any bigs or wings helping out they just let them go by. This must be something that is taught to the team ..perhaps so that their bigs do not get into foul trouble. I just find it weird.

Where is Ashley Walker when you need her

Talk about weak side help. That was weak side help personified.

One TERRIBLE ref call and Cal makes two terrible turnovers in a row. Good move putting Boyd back in.

We're being out-rebounded. Not coincidentally the foul calls are way in favor of ND.

Refs are killing us

We lead the Pac 10 in free throws shot but not this game. They let them play rough in the Iowa game but it is different this game. Clarendon is spectacular.

31-31 at halftime. Brittany and Talia each have 2 fouls. Natalie Novosel of ND has 17 points including 9 of 10 from the line. Our entire team is 1 of 4 from the line. We've made more FGs, including 4 threes. ND is leading on the boards 20-14. Turnovers not a problem for either team.

No kidding. And what's up with all of those jump balls? Odd.

We got stuck with Mike Price, the infamous **hat who hated Boyle. Ugh. Not fair that we should have to have him call our game.

The lineup we had going into the locker room was working fine. Why change?

Offense getting out of control - too much one-on-five and our bigs aren't getting touches.
    Last edited by stu; 03-20-2012 at 04:34 PM.

This is why the home court in the post season is just too unbalanced

Higher seed gets home court, home crowd, and all the assorted advantages intangible and tangible. I don't like it, but so be it.

But then when the ref is being influenced by the home crowd (which is almost inevitable) it's just too much of an uphill battle to be called fair in any way.
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

Quote Originally Posted by ckgruffbear View Post
    One TERRIBLE ref call
    Even the announcers were saying it was a bad call. Should not have been a continuation play. Love...coach G telling off one of those refs.