Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT-Is Aaron Gordon the best CCS bball player ever?

Rambis played for Camden High which no longer exists...

Go bears!

Basketball I was relaying what the tv announcers stated...

I watched both games. Dana Altman, Oregon's HC, was at the Mitty's boys game in pursuit of A. Gordon, too. Both Gordon boys are solid student atheletes. Drew attended UCLA, remember? He told me that he considered Cal. Drew played on the Oakland Soldiers with my nephew. GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ _____-
    Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    Good. My bad...I thought S71 was quoting a blogger/reporter..
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-24-2012 at 05:56 PM.

funniest part of your original post. S71

It will kill me if we have to watch Gordon & Bird dominate the conference for another school for 3 years or so before they turn pro. GO BEARS!

3 years, seriously ?

Rambis played for Cupertino High...

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Go bears!
    You might be confusing him with Raymond Townsend, the UCLA star who played for the Warriors and actually WAS the first Asian-American to start an NBA game...Think he transferred to Mitty his senior year (from Camden)- so Gordon has a ways to go before he is the best Mitty player ever.
    Last edited by SmellinRoses; 03-24-2012 at 08:00 PM.

I watched both games. Dana Altman, Oregon's HC, was at the Mitty's boys game in pursuit of A. Gordon, too. Both Gordon boys are solid student atheletes. Drew attended UCLA, remember? He told me that he considered Cal. Drew played on the Oakland Soldiers with my nephew. GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ _____-
    Baffles me how Howland sided with Reeves Nelson over Drew Gordon and manages to keep his job.

But.....71...mm was there.

Go Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post
    Baffles me how Howland sided with Reeves Nelson over Drew Gordon and manages to keep his job.
    Apparently Gordon did some other stuff that warranted Howland's distaste for him

There was also Dennis Awtrey (Blackford, Santa Clara) and longtime NBA player but maybe getting back beyond what you'd call modern (e. g., late '60s). As a high schooler, Ralph Ogden of Lincoln was pretty dominant but surpassed by brother Bud at SC and in the NBA. They were also from the '60s.
    Access is better than ownership!

Which confirms, once again, that many people think the pyramids were constructed in the late 20th C. thus equating that period with ancient history.

Drew

has ADD, which makes his decent grades an accomplishment. Monty has been very complimentary of Drew in public, and defended his decision to transfer from UCLA. The Gordons, at least from Monty's perspective are not 1 and done guys. That doesn't mean A. Gordon is interested in Cal.

I agree

I watched Salesian win and the announcers mentioned Washington & Romar for Jabari Bird. Cal was not mentioned. Cal needs more athleticism to deal with teams like Missouri & South Florida...GO BEARS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    though I think of Cal's guards as fairly athletic. Where the athleticism seems lacking to me is up front. Yes, Solo and Kravish have potential once they put on some good weight (whenever that is). But Cal needs a good power big or two now, and some depth.

Regarding recruiting, Bird probably is a Cal lien, but there are no guarantees. And Cal does not players like Bird.

Lean not lien.

He is an attorney. Lien is one of their favorite words.... ;-)

A case could be made that basketball's modern era dates from the 3 point shot which has dramatically changed the game and has only been around since the 1980s. Some of us, of course, were already old when that came to pass.

Another Cal star, Mark McNamara, came out of the CCS (Del Mar HS).