Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chip Kelly closes spring practice

Hybrid View

Chip Kelly closes spring practice

The nerve! Doesn't he know he's being an uptight and paranoid control freak??? How dare Oregon be so standoffish with its fans! http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde..._spring_f.html

He's done that the last few years.

Inb4Chipactuallyhassomethingtohide (be it innovative schemes or a program loaded wtih convicts, take your pick)

Quote Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post
    The nerve! Doesn't he know he's being an uptight and paranoid control freak??? How dare Oregon be so standoffish with its fans! http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde..._spring_f.html
    Oh the nerve! With only two BCS appearances and a Rose Bowl win in three seasons as a HC, who does he think he is!!

So if you win, closed practices are good, but if you are 7-5, then closed practices are bad.

Whatever.

If you are 7-5

Quote Originally Posted by RealDrew2 View Post
    So if you win, closed practices are good, but if you are 7-5, then closed practices are bad.

Whatever.
    and you get blown out by all the good teams a lot of what you do is bad. If you keep winning the league and going to the Rose Bowl and/or BCS bowls then a lot of what you do is good. Seems pretty simple to me.

I agree with this statement. Just don't necessarily agree that JT having closed practices has the impact some may feel it does in leading to that 7-5 record. FAr more important factors are at play.

I think closed practices

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog26 View Post
    I agree with this statement. Just don't necessarily agree that JT having closed practices has the impact some may feel it does in leading to that 7-5 record. FAr more important factors are at play.
    add to the perception that Tedford is tight and coaches tight and that makes his players play tight. Chip Kelly can be accused of many things but being tight and having a tight team isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 82gradDLSdad View Post
    add to the perception that Tedford is tight and coaches tight and that makes his players play tight. Chip Kelly can be accused of many things but being tight and having a tight team isn't one of them.
    It's a fallacious argument. There is not even a correlation, let alone causation. Tedford has not had the success we'd all like, and certainly not the success of Chip Kelly. But, as the sane among us have been arguing for years, things like closed practices has NOTHING to do with it.

no bear

"If we zip up and close these suits, no one will know that we're really bears!"

I wholeheartedly disagree friend Poops. I believe what 82BigDaddy posits is a valid intangible one becomes aware of with experience of observing those things that you believe flow from visible causation and see correlation by holding up to the light. I believeTedford's recent downward lack of success, in small part, (as we apparently share definition of) is directly reflective of the closed practices and the lack of hoped for success. His coach drills are repetitive and too general.....without specific purpose.....
    Last edited by Blueblood; 03-27-2012 at 07:45 AM.

True Blue Golden Bear BeachyBear's Avatar
    Notice how the most retarded posters on this board are the ones who actually think closed practices somehow matter?

Will you guys knock it off on the closed practices. It's fairly well known that a reporter or someone posing as one blogged or took extensive notes on what plays the offense was running. Other teams might already know the general scheme of things but no one sane just lets the details out of the bag or left unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by FingeroftheBear View Post
    Will you guys knock it off on the closed practices. It's fairly well known that a reporter or someone posing as one blogged or took extensive notes on what plays the offense was running. Other teams might already know the general scheme of things but no one sane just lets the details out of the bag or left unprotected.
    Agree.

Isi up the gut is our secret weapon, would hate it if they found out how to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by CALigulabob View Post
    Isi up the gut is our secret weapon, would hate it if they found out how to stop it.
    Ok I fess up, here is my intimate knowledge of the situation. Isi is not our secret weapon, I am. My code name is Rudy, coach promised to unleash my 5.3 speed (aka golden flash) in 'crucial games' (tier 2 classification. aka. Rose Bowl 2020) and to terrorize unsuspecting secondaries with crack back blocks (aka snooze time).

Had the Rams had closed practices, Spygate may have never happened, and the Patriots may have never won any Super Bowls.

It's the mindset

Quote Originally Posted by BeachyBear View Post
    Notice how the most retarded posters on this board are the ones who actually think closed practices somehow matter?
    Closed practices, removing the stats off the scoreboard, never faking anything all speak to Tedford's mindset. These actions, in and of themselves, don't cause the bad play (ie. losses) but Tedford's mindset surely does.

If you guys don't get this then you've never played for or coached with a guy who has a stick up his butt. I have done both and it impacts the team.