Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chip Kelly closes spring practice

FingeroftheBear
    Will you guys knock it off on the closed practices. It's fairly well known that a reporter or someone posing as one blogged or took extensive notes on what plays the offense was running. Other teams might already know the general scheme of things but no one sane just lets the details out of the bag or left unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by FingeroftheBear View Post
    Will you guys knock it off on the closed practices. It's fairly well known that a reporter or someone posing as one blogged or took extensive notes on what plays the offense was running. Other teams might already know the general scheme of things but no one sane just lets the details out of the bag or left unprotected.
    Agree.

Isi up the gut is our secret weapon, would hate it if they found out how to stop it.

Had the Rams had closed practices, Spygate may have never happened, and the Patriots may have never won any Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by CALigulabob View Post
    Isi up the gut is our secret weapon, would hate it if they found out how to stop it.
    Ok I fess up, here is my intimate knowledge of the situation. Isi is not our secret weapon, I am. My code name is Rudy, coach promised to unleash my 5.3 speed (aka golden flash) in 'crucial games' (tier 2 classification. aka. Rose Bowl 2020) and to terrorize unsuspecting secondaries with crack back blocks (aka snooze time).

It's the mindset

Quote Originally Posted by BeachyBear View Post
    Notice how the most retarded posters on this board are the ones who actually think closed practices somehow matter?
    Closed practices, removing the stats off the scoreboard, never faking anything all speak to Tedford's mindset. These actions, in and of themselves, don't cause the bad play (ie. losses) but Tedford's mindset surely does.

If you guys don't get this then you've never played for or coached with a guy who has a stick up his butt. I have done both and it impacts the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 82gradDLSdad View Post
    Closed practices, removing the stats off the scoreboard, never faking anything all speak to Tedford's mindset. These actions, in and of themselves, don't cause the bad play (ie. losses) but Tedford's mindset surely does.

If you guys don't get this then you've never played for or coached with a guy who has a stick up his butt. I have done both and it impacts the team.
    No offense, but your team probably blew goats if it couldn't handle an uptight coach.

I always get a laugh at how much whining occurs on these boards over the closed practices. It has been going on with so many sports for so many years - at Cal and elsewhere. Many posters act as if this is the reason football has been down the last few years or that it proves it's a sign of something crumbling The reality is more schools than you'd like to admit close practices. Get over it.

no bear
    you should stay on the hoops board and dibble around your concern for bettering your shot.....and not worry your little pointed head about us who voice a minor concern related to the Cal football program......
    Last edited by Blueblood; 03-28-2012 at 09:38 AM.

GummyGrizzly
    Quote Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post
    No offense, but your team probably blew goats if it couldn't handle an uptight coach.
    And if the team blows goats, it's the coach's fault, especially if he's been there for 10 years.

CalBeast
    I doubt you're in a position to judge. You don't strike me as the type of guy who has ever been on a team that competed at a high level for anything. Unless it was a goat blowing league. I could see you hoisting the trophy for that.

no bear

"Goat blowing is rewarding but difficult so
    a lot of practice is required!"

CalBeast, I really liked your retort. I like starting the day with a good laugh!

We didn't blow

but we weren't as good as we could be, just like Cal football. Uptight coaches usually cover a lot of detail and so their teams aren't horrible. It's just that in big games, against good teams they play tight. Sound familiar? Hey, it's not a scientific fact, there are exceptions, but in general that's how it works. Some coaches figure it out. I do hope Tedford does.

no bear

You are wrong bonehead....oh so very wrong.....hey, bub, you've never seen a practice so you absoutely have no basis or the teeniest bit of information to support your very weak stance......
    Last edited by Blueblood; 03-28-2012 at 09:43 AM.