Thread: Upcoming 4 game set vs. Texas (baseball)

Upcoming 4 game set vs. Texas (baseball)

Texas does not appear to be as good this year as prior versions (swept early by Stanford, not that far above .500). This seems like a good chance for us to get some big wins against a "name" type opponent (even if they are down this year).

May have just been cut down to 3 games. Anybody have any thoughts on this matchup?

Hopefully we can carry some momentum into this year. Don't know all that much about cal baseball. But since baseball is my favorite sport and I know a kid on the team I should probobly start following.

Who did we lose that was on last years team?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayPhenom View Post
    Texas does not appear to be as good this year as prior versions (swept early by Stanford, not that far above .500). This seems like a good chance for us to get some big wins against a "name" type opponent (even if they are down this year).
    Well....down 8-0 in the third. Getting blasted... Not good.
    Last edited by DrDanger; 03-30-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Time to move Flemer to Friday night - I prefer to go with the guy who is getting it done and works hard at his development.

At some point lack of a work ethic will nip you in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Calloy View Post
    At some point lack of a work ethic will nip you in the ass.
    Not sure if you are referring to Justin but this should be his year to perform well but unless he turns it around....he might be returning next year.

Matt Flemer has a brother at SMB that is pitching well. Anyone know if he is a good prospect or is being recruited...though he might only be a junior.

Baseball

Good question. Matt's little brother is Kevin - a good, solid pitcher who just committed to Oregon State! Call traditionally is slow to baseball recruiting, but it is somewhat shocking that we would miss out on a Cal sibling. I believe that two juniors (class of 2013) have committed to Cal, but many other local talents have either committed to or are considering offers from other Pac 12 Schools. According to Maxpreps, this 2013 group is one of the strongest Northern California baseball classes in years. I know the program cancellation fiasco hurt this (and next year's) recruiting class, but I would hope we don't miss out on these guys. Here is a list of local (2013) high level prospects (and where committed if known):

STEVEN FARINARO RHP HEAD-ROYCE UCLA
    KEVIN FLEMER RHP ST. MARY'S OREGON ST
    JACK KLEIN OF/RHP ST. IGNATIUS STANFORD
    HUNTER MERCADO-HOOD OF DE LA SALLE
    TRENT SHELTON LHP CAMPOLINDO OREGON ST
    DOMINIC MIROGLIO C BISHOP ODOWD
    ROBBIE TENEROWICZ INF CAMPOLINDO CAL
    JONAH WESLEY LHP TRACY