Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey! Something positive maybe?

Hey! Something positive maybe?

So as we await fresh Spring Practice reports, and mull over our concerns and expectations for 2012, let us look back with a positive light on the 2011 season;

1)What was your favorite game of 2011?
    2) What was your favorite play of 2011?
    3) Who was your favorite player in 2011?

Not that it matters much, but here are my answers:

1)Colorado-Though it caused me undue stress, it was a pretty exciting win
    2)The game-winning brother-to-brother pass at Colorado
    3) Isi Sofele-never thought he would be that good, I admired his scrappiness.

If highlights against bottom of the pac Colorado are our positives, I should prob go cry once more for 2011.

Wow, it only took 1 post...

Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    If highlights against bottom of the pac Colorado are our positives, I should prob go cry once more for 2011.
    ...to turn this negative. I was just offering an opinion. You can in fact enjoy games and plays against sub-par competition.

FingeroftheBear
    '11 was a transition year and has mostly been erased from the memory banks. I look forward to the forthcoming season at the newly renovated CMS. Go Bears!

good questions

Quote Originally Posted by Youngbearcub89 View Post
    So as we await fresh Spring Practice reports, and mull over our concerns and expectations for 2012, let us look back with a positive light on the 2011 season;

1)What was your favorite game of 2011?
    2) What was your favorite play of 2011?
    3) Who was your favorite player in 2011?

Not that it matters much, but here are my answers:

1)Colorado-Though it caused me undue stress, it was a pretty exciting win
    2)The game-winning brother-to-brother pass at Colorado
    3) Isi Sofele-never thought he would be that good, I admired his scrappiness.

1. Cal vs. ASU, it was a wild shootout in the desert, very exciting.
    2. Maynard to Allen - endzone fade vs. Colorado, thrilling finish.
    3. Marvin Jones - model Cal player - excellent character and very skilled, those circus catches on the sideline with his toes were phenomenal, I remember watching the slow-mo replays and just being awe-struck.

Looking forward to 2012!

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    That slant to KA @ UW for the TD was the most exciting play of the year for me, as it turned out. Why? Because at that time it was early in the season and there were plenty of unknowns -- i.e. there was much hope for our football team to go places and much hope in Maynard. When I saw that play and after watching Maynard bring us back at CU, I thought Maynard had the "it" factor. I felt really alive about Cal football at that point. And even as we lost, we went down fighting on the 2-3 yard line or whatever it was. That's what I wanted to see again. No more blowouts to decent teams. Back to playing some competitive football against good teams. Well, this kind of thing didn't vanish in 2011 but at that point in time I had much hope and vision of national relevancy for our football team. Pretty much went downhill from there LOL.
    Last edited by KoreAmBear; 03-28-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Unfortuntely, that play broke the Roth to Walker longest pass completion record.

Quote Originally Posted by run2win View Post
    Unfortuntely, that play broke the Roth to Walker longest pass completion record.
    Haha, it always goes back to Joe Roth. Which is fine with me.

Getting hammered on the Club Level at AT&T during the U$C game

Roth to Walker just has a better ring in the history books than Maynard to Allen.

Kline to Treggs has a nice ring to it

Yes, Kline to Treggs has a lot of nice promise. Roth to Walker had results. Here's to Kline and Treggs breaking lots of records.

Yes, Kline to Treggs has a lot of nice promise. Roth to Walker had results. Here's to Kline and Treggs breaking lots of records.
    I'll take Kline to Treggs, Powe, Lawler, Dozier and Harper. Lots of targets to throw to!

CalBeast
    How dare Joe Roth not have a record!

Ben Lomond, a small town outside of Santa Cruz in the mountains
    tie between ASU game and Colorado
    Honorable mention to the furd game in a losing effort.
    Favorite player: Zach Maynard-just kidding-Marvin Jones
    Favorite play: I would like to take this opportunity to restore a play that was taken away from Coleman Edmund against Colorado. It was one of the greatest catches I've seen. Everyone knows it was a catch. But the "new rule" said it wasn't. Great job Coleman.