Hello. I have a good friend who got into Cal, UCLA, and Columbia for grad school, first for a masters degree and then maybe PhD. The program is East Asian Studies. I don't know too much about this program, but she obviously knows the programs/professors well at each school and is leaning towards UCLA because of a slightly better fit with the professors or some such crap.
I am trying to convince her to come to Cal by collecting a list of impressive Cal accomplishments, rankings, videos, articles, anything cool or inspirational stuff about Cal.
Please help me with this list, provide links/proof/source, and most importantly, add to the list!!
1) You See Berkeley video (source: Youtube) How can you not want to come to Cal after watching this???
2) The Times global universities reputation ranking with Cal 4th or 5th (source: The Times website)
3) World Universities Ranking by Shanghai Jiaotung University with Cal 2nd (source: I can find the website easily)
4) Berkeley has more programs in the top 10 than Harvard (what's the source of this?? Can someone help me find this)
5) Berkeley educates more low income students than all of the Ivy League combined (what's the source of this?)
6) There's something about Phd programs...like Berkeley produces more Phd's than any other school...or was it Berkeley undergrads go on to obtain more Phd's than any other undergrads.....I can't really remember. Any details on this?
7) Berkeley as catalyst for Free Speech Movement, Civil Rights Movement, etc.
8) JFK speech about Berkeley contributing as much to America as Harvard
9) Most Peace Corps volunteers out of any university (not sure if this is relevant though)
10) Nobel prizes. (although Columbia has more, so probably won't mention this)
11) Washington Monthly ranking on contribution to society (although UCLA ranks higher, so probably won't mention this).
Anything else?? Please add to this list!