Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IF .... Cal starts 4 -0 , what will they be ranked after the USC game?

IF .... Cal starts 4 -0 , what will they be ranked after the USC game?

Top 5?

Big IF. We would definitely be in the headlines.

I don't know the answer but pass the blunt mon...

Quote Originally Posted by bearblast View Post
    Top 5?
    Depends on if USC is still ranked in the Top 5. OSU won't be and is over-rated, and we'd have to put up big offensive and defensive numbers against Nevada and S. Utah to get the recognition. I think the crowd at the top will be the SEC schools early.

what about 40 and 0, what would we be ranked then?

Nice to dream, but the best we can realistically hope for is to be 2-2 after 4 games. Now if Maynard has morphed into the second coming of Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers over the off-season, maybe we have a fighting chance against Ohio State, but I still don't see us beating USC.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden One View Post
    Nice to dream, but the best we can realistically hope for is to be 2-2 after 4 games. Now if Maynard has morphed into the second coming of Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers over the off-season, maybe we have a fighting chance against Ohio State, but I still don't see us beating USC.
    Ohio State isn't good. If Cal loses, it will because the team once again choked on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden One View Post
    Coming off a win at OSU, USC will seem very beatable to the team - confidence is a great equalizer, as is USC having to live up to all their hype. They have to be perfect just to meet expectations - and Lane Kiffen is FAR from perfect!

Slightly more realistic question, what would we be ranked after a hard fought loss at USC with a 3-1 record? I'm think 21ish.

no bear

"More..more.....great stuff Masau80....yeah, I'm with ya.....
    Cal will beat ...Ohio State in Columbus in front of over 100,000 buck
    eye fans...yes, yes....sure....then beat u$c...yes of course! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!"

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    But we historically suck after we start 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblood View Post

"More..more.....great stuff Masau80....yeah, I'm with ya.....
    Cal will beat ...Ohio State in Columbus in front of over 100,000 buck
    eye fans...yes, yes....sure....then beat u$c...yes of course! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!"
    Last time I looked, OSU wasn't beating people like they use to... the hypothetical was really about beating USC, and what that would take. I remember Navy coming within a botched 2-point conversion of beating OSU at home a couple years ago when OSU had the great tattooed Raiders QB at the helm.

Ben Lomond, a small town outside of Santa Cruz in the mountains

we will be ranked at 3-0 even if OSU is overrated and not that good

The AP will want to have the best promotion possible in televising Cal vs. $C and ranking help promote games. So Cal will be ranked going into the $C game if both are undefeated. Cal might be ranked at 2-1 if their only loss is to Nevada because, regardless of OSU's record, they have always been very hard to beat in Columbus, especially for a team travelling from 3 time zones away. And so the media will see it as a significant win for Cal.

I think it is a little harsh to presume anything negative about Cal's 2012 team just because they end up losing that game.

These what if posts are ridiculously stupid. What's the point of them? What if we started 3-1? Or 2-2? Or 1-3? Or 0-4? How many threads will negabears takeover in their drumbeat for Tedford's job?

Cool it - slow time of year and no....

news from closed spring practices.

Cal needs to show up on the field on game day and to do that, coaches need to coach. That's how I feel about it......