Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upshaw announcing Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    If it's true (big if) that he will trip to a school that he's never gone to and commit on the spot, it sounds like it's one of the elites.
    This is one possible interpretation of that.
    It could also be:
    -He decided he is most comfortable with the coach to who he previously committed, so he can commit to South Carolina, even without seeing the campus.
    -He decided that he wants to stay relatively close to home and play in a California school in a major conference, so he can commit to Cal, even without seeing the campus.

I believe Upshaw participated in a Cal Elite Junior Day so he may have been to Berkeley before.

No news yet, but there are hats from Cal, Fresno, USC, and Washington. Alarmingly, there is a mystery box, and everyone knows you choose the mystery box.

http://mypict.me/index.php?id=337918584

Fresno Bee Sports Reporter says he chose Fresno: https://twitter.com/#!/beepreps

Probably just sour grapes, but I'm not comfortable with all the contrived drama. Could indicate attitude issues.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Probably just sour grapes, but I'm not comfortable with all the contrived drama. Could indicate attitude issues.
    Holding press conferences and doing the hat thing is pretty standard behavior these days, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I'm certainly not well versed on standard behavior for this generation. Did any of our players announce their decisions in this manner?

Damn. Oh well. Gotta think there was a comfort factor with staying home after all of the recruiting drama he went through. Still though, Fresno St? Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by seattlebear02 View Post
    Still though, Fresno St? Wtf
    I agree, but people in Fresno seem intensely proud of their community. Fresno folks I know who matriculated elsewhere tend to exhibit a lot less of this.

I'm certainly not well versed on standard behavior for this generation. Did any of our players announce their decisions in this manner?
    Last I remember was Desean Jackson in football.

Quote Originally Posted by SacCityBear View Post
    No news yet, but there are hats from Cal, Fresno, USC, and Washington. Alarmingly, there is a mystery box, and everyone knows you choose the mystery box.

http://mypict.me/index.php?id=337918584
    I presume the winning hat gets placed on top of the mystery box

edit: nope; per fresno bee: "At Antonio's Mexican Restaurant near River Park, four hats were on the table: Washington, Cal, Fresno State and USC. A black box held a fifth, and that turned out to be a red Bulldogs cap." That's just odd.

I can't say about individual press conferences, but every football player who announces at an all-star game does something similar with the hats and making way too big a deal/drama out of the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMajor View Post
    USC is in the SEC
    Which we KNOW has such stringent academic standards... LOL

Thanks for the correction. As they say in the SEC (Still Everyday Cheating), "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'!"

Upshaw joins...

....Kansas transfer Braeden Anderson
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez