Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OT: Most odious/favorite Stanford & Cal alumni or attendees

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrig View Post
    Add Hans Reiser, Jeremy Strohmeyer/David Cash, and Ted Kaczynski to the odious list.
    Strohmeyer never made it to college. He was arrested before graduating from high school.

Quote Originally Posted by StillNoStanfurdium View Post
    Why don't you like Alice Waters?
    She's a great cook and deserves a lot of credit for creating the West Coast food scene. She should have been content with that instead of launching her organic jihad wherein she decides what everyone should eat and how it should be grown. Narcissistic, elitist and not very intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    She's a great cook and deserves a lot of credit for creating the West Coast food scene. She should have been content with that instead of launching her organic jihad wherein she decides what everyone should eat and how it should be grown. Narcissistic, elitist and not very intelligent.
    Well, she [Alice Waters] doesn't decide what I eat, I didn't particularly like her restaurant, back when I could afford it, and I've seen her on television pushing her vision of how to grow food and how to eat, but it doesn't bother me and I don't find her repugnant at all. In fact, I'm glad she came onto the scene and I think that the whole restaurant and food industry in this country is better for her contributions.
    Nice guys finish lunch.
    ... Douglas Kenney (1947-1980)

Nttawwt (ot++)

Quote Originally Posted by GoBears58 View Post
    Has to be her "partner"
    And most esp Not That There's Anything Wrong With That (partner-wise), compared to <political screed goes here, whining about bankrupting America for the 2004 re-election campaign-motivated Iraq invasion, sold by senior security leaders, lying thru their Stanf*rd straightened teeth, forked tongues crossed.>

#I've said too much, haven't said enough.
    Last edited by SiniCal; 04-17-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    deport terrorist threat Jesus, homeland security confirmed illegal alien.

Apologies if I missed it, but I can't believe this thread went four pages without anyone nominating Tosh as the most odious Cal alumnus.

Other nominations (or seconds):

Favorite Cal: Kevin Johnson, Jerry Mathers, Joe Roth

Favorite Stanford: Paul Draper (Ridge Winery), Tom Watson, Jim Plunkett, John Steinbeck, Corey Booker

Least favorite Stanford: Tiger, Casey Jacobsen, Eric Abrams, William Rehnquist

I think some of the posters in this thread are being a little hard on Herbert Hoover. Yeah, he was a terrible President, but he did almost single-handedly save much of Europe from starving during World War I. That has to count for something, IMO.

Funny to see the OP mention Greg Gutfeld as the most odious Cal alum. I knew Greg when we were at Cal. His sense of humor was unusual, to say the least. Although out politics now differ a great deal, I remember him as a good guy.

Favorite Cal:

FingeroftheBear
    Quote Originally Posted by 86Oski View Post
    I think some of the posters in this thread are being a little hard on Herbert Hoover. Yeah, he was a terrible President, but he did almost single-handedly save much of Europe from starving during World War I. That has to count for something, IMO.
    Okay give Hoover 3 brownie points for Europe and deduct 303 for shafting his own country. The Great Depression was called Great because it was hairy, crazy and totally f**ked up.