Thread: Cal Rugby Wins !!!

Cal Rugby Wins !!! ---- Oops!!!

Oops! Turns out to be SF State beating Saint Mary's. Don't know what happened with Cal today.
    Last edited by CalBear68; 04-14-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Loyal Bear
    Cal plays St. Mary's tomorrow in Moraga at 1:00 pm. Should be a great game and the weather is supposed to be good.

Jack Clark and St. Mary's coach Tim O'Brien were two of my first rugby coaches at Cal. Cal assistant Tom Billups and St. Mary's assistant Johhny Everett were two of my USA teammates. They've all played and coached with and/or against each other for donkeys years. St. Mary's has become one of the better collegiate sides in the country and this has become a good rival game. I highly recommend going to the game if you have any interest.

The other score you mentioned was likely St. Mary's second or third side (or combination, as I'm sure they'll want to save a number of their second side to stand in reserve tomorrow).

Thx, BD. I mistakenly thought the game was today and had psyched myself to ride my bike on the trail from Lafayette, no mean feat for an inexperienced geezer like me.

By the time I got there, the match was over and I asked who had won. The person only told me that St. Mary's had lost 26-24. I did think it odd that there weren't any Cal fans around, but remembered that Moraga was a tough place to buy a beer (RIP Moraga Barn) and headed back down hill, in blissful ignorance.

I will NOT be making the same trek tomorrow so will rely on my fellow Bears for updates (thankfully, they do have cell coverage).

Carry on.