Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Brittany shine?

  1. #1

    Brittany shine?

    I was at the Big Meet (T&F) and the entire coaching staff (not sure of Parks) and all of the players with the exception of sherbert were enjoying the meet! This was tweeted on coachKai's twitter account with a picture of a ball player Brittany Shine with coach and team. Any idea what this might mean? See the link.

    http://lockerz.com/s/201329580
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 04-15-2012 at 06:16 AM.

  2. #2
    I know she plays for florida. Last year she played quite a bit and had a few 20 pt games. This year she surprisingly didn't get much time at all. I have no idea why? She was the player that I mentioned in the other thread that also played for JBS. She was Sac High's best player from the class of 2010. I wouldn't think that she might not be too happy with the minutes she got last year. You can read into that what ever you want.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by willtalk View Post
    I know she plays for florida. Last year she played quite a bit and had a few 20 pt games. This year she surprisingly didn't get much time at all. I have no idea why? She was the player that I mentioned in the other thread that also played for JBS. She was Sac High's best player from the class of 2010. I wouldn't think that she might not be too happy with the minutes she got last year. You can read into that what ever you want.
    Kind of blatant wearing that Cal shirt "Bear Territory". With no 2012 recruits and Laysia & Eliza graduating it would be perfect ... her sitting out for 2012 we would have a stop gap for 2013-2014 with experience.
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 04-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.

  4. #4

    Saw her play 2 years ago

    A good Sacramento team that got wiped out by St. Mary's, the year they were number one team in the country. Also saw them at the Jamboree.

    A pretty good and athletic guard. Didn't seem to play point for Sacto, but handled the ball a lot. Seems like a good addition.

  5. #5
    We could take 1 or 2 from the freshman who will move on from a coaching change as Hartman did. Agee and a combo guard would fill out an empty 2012 class and balance things up a bit. Though Shine's SEC experience is a big plus. In the article about Michaela Johnson's transfer to Wisconsin and Kelsey, it was said that Engeln might leave UConn. She shoots well, doesn't she? Wvit?

  6. #6

    I don't remember her as a shooter

    More as a slasher. But it is hard to tell when you play St. Mary's of Stockton. I think I saw her against Hanford and she isn't a bad shooter. But I don't remember her being a great shooter.

  7. #7
    Shine is tranferring from Florida and visited Washington the previous weekend.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pearbear View Post
    Shine is tranferring from Florida and visited Washington the previous weekend.
    Just for clarification, pearbear. She's transferring to Cal? Or she's looking at schools to decide where to transfer?

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Reads as though she is visiting schools as part of her effort to find a new home. First, to UW and now visiting Cal.... The question should be who's up next?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    More as a slasher. But it is hard to tell when you play St. Mary's of Stockton. I think I saw her against Hanford and she isn't a bad shooter. But I don't remember her being a great shooter.
    I saw her quite a bit in High school. She seemed to be more comfortable scoring off the break than in half court sets, because of her excellent pull up jumper which she was able to hit running at full tilt.

  11. #11

    An accurate description Willtalk

    Sacramento is always an athletic team. Sort of a Berkeley High from the Valley.

  12. #12
    Brittany Shine of Sacramento High School transfers from Florida to Cal
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/preps/archiv...#storylink=cpy

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by willtalk View Post
    I saw her quite a bit in High school. She seemed to be more comfortable scoring off the break than in half court sets, because of her excellent pull up jumper which she was able to hit running at full tilt.
    Shine's game sounds similar to Clarendon, though she's two inches shorter than Layshia. Was she able to get to the rim through the bigs in the SEC? Shine's comment about spending her transfer year working on a 3-point shot would probably help her game. A heralded former Sacramento HS POY returing home to Cal in NorCal could also help the Bears' recruiting close to home.

  14. #14
    I'm not sure she's 2 inches shorter than Clarendon. Her actual height seems to be a matter of some confusion. The Florida website lists her as 5'10" and I can't imagine they would be off by 3 inches? Young women are known to grow up until 20 or so, so it might be possible that she's actually grown a bit from her high school days.

    At any rate, I'm excited to have her on the roster. She sounds like a high-energy, athletic and enthusiastic player.

  15. #15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •