Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay Sherbert to transfer

Lindsay Sherbert to transfer

I just received official confirmation that sophomore guard Lindsay Sherbert will be transferring from Cal. No word on the reason or her destination.

Viet Nguyen
    Staff Writer

I wish her the best. This could actually be a blessing in disguise as it might force Afure to step up and play to her potential.

Morgan Jones has confirmed that she is transferring from Northwestern, but (so far) is visiting UK, LSU, and FSU. I wonder if Cal has tried to get involved. She could play the same position as Sherb.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,914953.story
    Last edited by kat0189; 04-18-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Interesting. Sorry to see her go and I wish her the best wherever she lands. I hope Gottlieb and Co. (Park,no Park?) are scanning all the coaching changes for someone who is moving on because of a new coach. Too bad EJ left. This would open a spot for her. Morgan Jones would be a miracle, but she sits out a year. If an incoming freshman is given a release, she can play right away.

Look at the SEC, where there have been several coaching changes and I don't mean Tennessee. A couple in the Big East and 3 in the Big Ten. At least 1 in the ACC (Wake). No Pac12 or Big 12 schools changed coaches yet, but I wouldn't die of shock if Coop or Westhead were gone. Quite a few good mid-major coaches have moved during last month or so.

The other alternative is using Brandon and/or Hartman at the 3 similar to the way Stanford used Tinkle this last year. If one or both can develop a consistent 3 pointer over the summer, we can avoid a hiccup next year. Of course, Foo is the key. If she ups her game like she did at season's end, then we have more options.
    Last edited by dfineguy; 04-19-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: typos.

Good luck, Sherbert. I enjoyed your time at Cal.

I'm sorry to see Lindsay go, and I wish her the best.

With Erika also gone we will be very short at wing. I guess we'll just play three guards, counting Afure and Avigiel as guards. I could see situations where Gennifer might play a little wing, but I wouldn't want to reduce her impact near the basket. I don't think our other bigs yet possess defensive, ballhandling, or passing skills suited to the wing position, and we'll need the depth inside anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    I'm sorry to see Lindsay go, and I wish her the best.

With Erika also gone we will be very short at wing. I guess we'll just play three guards, counting Afure and Avigiel as guards. I could see situations where Gennifer might play a little wing, but I wouldn't want to reduce her impact near the basket. I don't think our other bigs yet possess defensive, ballhandling, or passing skills suited to the wing position, and we'll need the depth inside anyway.
    Who is Erika?

Erika was a small forward from Seattle

rated very high who transferred to North Carolina in mid year. Wasn't getting much playing time.

EJ bio from Calbears (link)

http://www.calbears.com/sports/w-bas...n_erika00.html

#FareTheeWell Erika.

High School Led the 2010-11 Holy Names Academy team to a 29-0 record and the 2011 Washington State Championship...her 71 rebounds in the state tournament set the state's single-season postseason record...was twice named first team All-State...2011 Gatorade Washington State Player of the Year...2011 Parade Magazine Girls Basketball High School All-American...2010 Metro League Player of the Year...ranked as the country's No. 21 recruit by HoopGurlz, is also considered the No. 3 wing in the class...also played in the 2011 FILA All-Star Competition in North Carolina.
    deport terrorist threat Jesus, homeland security confirmed illegal alien.

farewell to Lindsay

why did Lindsay leave?
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by SiniCal View Post
    That Erika! She never really played and has not been on the team for awhile.

Erika has been gone a long time. No wonder she left. Apparently very few knew she was even here. Now Sherb is gone leaving Foo alone at the wing. Mikayla can play there, but she has her limitations. She's more effective as a 3rd guard playing against another 3 guard offense. The 3rd guard, wing and small forward are all 3s. The differences get a little blurry. If, somehow, we could pick up a Juco or a CCT (coaching change transfer, for the sake of brevity), it would give us some depth. If Brandon or Hartman develop 30% in game three point percentage, we will be golden, but....

And we need to get a new assistant in place. NOW!!

Will the reason for Sherbert's transfer ever be revealed?

Does anyone know why she is transferring?

Wouldn't trying to move Jennifer from the paint to the wing weaken the Bears post rotation inside, which is the strength of the team? Jennifer's power and intensity in the paint would be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    Wouldn't trying to move Jennifer from the paint to the wing weaken the Bears post rotation inside, which is the strength of the team? Jennifer's power and intensity in the paint would be missed.
    Yes. Our options are limited. I'm sure LG & Co. see the problem. The question is how it can be resolved. I mentioned a couple of possible solutions before. There may be others. Doing nothing and hoping for the best is probably the least atrractive option.

Maybe the new assistant will have a solution. That is the first problem to be solved. We need 3 recruiters out there in addition to LG, especially this year and with Park out there using his Cal contacts to lure unsuspecting All Americans to $C.