Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Want to See for 1st Game

What Do You Want to See for 1st Game

I just bought plane tickets to get back to Berkeley for the first game at the renovated CMS. I am so up to see the renovations and the game.

Here is a partial list of what I would like to see to break in the renovated CMS.

1. A tribute to the WWI soldiers that the stadium honors.

2. An all stadium card stunt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDWokF6qTE

3. A noteable and dignified singer for the National Anthem (without the audience making a joke out of "can you see")

4. A tribute to some of the great players and teams of the past.

5. A win. A big win. A great game.

6. A fly over by some loud jets (really close to the panoramic hill association). And a few Blimps too.

7. A parachutte landing.

8. A watter ballon sling shot contest from student section.

Thats all. (for now)

I want to see a close game win over ohio state.
    the first 2 home games dont matter too much to me, we arent going 12-0.

Quote Originally Posted by oskiwanabe View Post
    I just bought plane tickets to get back to Berkeley for the first game at the renovated CMS. I am so up to see the renovations and the game.

Here is a partial list of what I would like to see to break in the renovated CMS.

3. A noteable and dignified singer for the National Anthem (without the audience making a joke out of "can you see")

6. A fly over by some loud jets (really close to the panoramic hill association). And a few Blimps too.

7. A parachutte landing.

Thats all. (for now)

Watters gonna get Watt

couldnt resist....

Would love to see all of the above - but if it becomes too big of a circus, I think that the National Anthem, full stadium card stunts (halftime) and nod to the history of Cal & Veterans should be included

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    PAIN!

Loyal Bear
    (without the audience making a joke out of "can you see")
    That's no joke.

Just a win, and a full house.

I'd like to be 2-0 going into Ohio State, and at least 3-1 coming out of USC.

I want to see how the only player to have his number retired in Cal football history is memoralized within the new stadium.

A Yankee Doodle Day. The best of entertainment. The young men having fun and playing well. A high-octane performance. Competence. The Cal Band. Smiles all-around. Great food after the game.

Grr-ah! Grr-ah! Grrrrr—ah!

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar

7. A parachutte landing.

Thats all. (for now)
    Pretty good list. Personally, don't care about the Anthem (but I'm one of those who think we cheapen it by singing it at every sporting event, high school play, etc); if it's to be sung, though, do it right.

Stadium-wide card stunt would be great, but can't see that happening. Heck, we can't even get organized enough to do cheers across the stadium.

Like the WWI reference; also like the tribute to past players. Maybe during every timeout, instead of blah-blah-blah advertising, we could see a different highlight reel from a different decade, as far back as we can go, on the video screens.

Flyover's only good if they continue and fire-bomb the hill homes. Skydiving is always cool. Student water balloons? I'm definitely in.

You know what I'd hope? Somewhere, somehow, there is some dirt left from before turf was put into Memorial. You know, that theoretically could have some of Andy Smith's ashes mixed in. That story always brings a lump to my throat, and I'd think a wonderful thing to do would be to plant some of that dirt somewhere in the stadium - maybe behind the Cal bench.

Yeah, and a win. A big win. Like the kind of win we had against Baylor, Tedford's first game. That kind of win.

A beautiful day.
    A great crowd
    A team that has playmakers on BOTH sides of the ball that can fire up the people.

I want Nevada to get it so rough we chafe a little.

I see this as a revenge game like Maryland 09. I consider that game one of the best birthday presents I've ever received.

The thing I want to see most is Nevada getting a major a*s whipping, much like we did to Maryland and the Vols!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With increased accomplishment comes increased humility.

I