Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uh Oh. Cougs are ready

Quote Originally Posted by majorursa View Post
    So the Cougs threw it around 50 times and rushed 15...sounds about right. I like playing against one-dimensional teams...
    But aren't we strong against the run and weak against the pass? They would be running the 1 dimension we're weak against, and not bothering with the 1 dimension we are strong against.

Quote Originally Posted by UCBerkGrad View Post
    Cool. Winner gets to choose the loser's Bear Insider profile avatar for one month following the Cal-WSU game. Deal?
    lol sounds like a deal.

since DO moved to Washington his avatar is now fair game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CALigulabob View Post
    lol sounds like a deal.

since DO moved to Washington his avatar is now fair game as well.
    Nice...now have an even bigger rooting interest for the WSU game. I will mark this in my calendar. I hope you don't welch!

no bear
    Yes, as I've been saying for several years the sky is falling, albeit ever so slowly but falling nervertheless, ...uhh excuse me while I get my umbrella......

Backup Wazzu QB, David Gilbertson, is the son of Keith. Sorry I had to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by StillABear View Post
    Backup Wazzu QB, David Gilbertson, is the son of Keith. Sorry I had to mention it.
    Is he also big as a house? Just can't picture his offspring looking any different than him.

But not having to worry about the run means Clancy can pin their ears back - I LOVE our pass rush

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblood View Post
    Yes, as I've been saying for several years the sky is falling, albeit ever so slowly but falling nervertheless, ...uhh excuse me while I get my umbrella......
    70 Nobel Prizes, 9 Wolf Prizes, 7 Fields Medals, 15 Turing Awards, 45 MacArthur Fellowships, 20 Academy Awards and 11 Pulitzers. 16 chemical elements discovered-more than any other university in the world. 87 national titles in 15 sports including football, basketball, baseball, softball, crew, tennis, swimming, water polo, track and rugby. 274 individual national champions and 176 Olympic medals. Thereís only one Cal and itís in Berkeley.

Quote Originally Posted by SacCityBear View Post
    With the exception of monster defensive line performances, it is pretty hard to get pressure on Leach's QBs as they get rid of the ball so quickly. You beat them by playing good fundamental defense and by not missing tackles.

There are actually a lot of similarities between it and Oregon's offense, especially in the use of wide receiver screens.
    The other side of the coin to remember - TTU was never known for their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SacCityBear View Post
    There are actually a lot of similarities between it and Oregon's offense, especially in the use of wide receiver screens.
    Actually, that is good for Cal. We have played Oregon tough on Defense. Over the past 5 seasons, Cal has held Oregon, on average, 15 pts below their average against other opponents.

Ready to pay up CALigulabob?

Quote Originally Posted by CALigulabob View Post
    well considering I predict a 3-9 season, sure.
    Wow, we've actually exceeded your expectations thus far. I imagine two of the 3 wins you predicted were Nevada and southern Utah. Apparently WSU was not. Who can we still look forward to?