All I can say is I guess one practice (ie Spring Game) is only one practice.
Personally, from the tiny bit I have seen, Bridge would not be 2nd, and Isi/CJA would be flipped (though at RB it is not as big a deal who "starts").
Anyway, there is a long way to go, and a lot of informal and formal coaching and training to be done...
Edit; interesting that the holder is not Bridge or Maynard... I wonder why. I cant remember the last time the holder was not the first or second QB. (Or am I ignorant on what HLD means?)
Last edited by Phantomfan; 05-01-2012 at 05:58 PM.
I know these things are fluid and it is very early, especially with fall camp still coming up and the incoming freshmen coming in, but there are some interesting things here.
- Looks like Jordan Rigsbee did well enough in spring to pass up some upperclassmen and earn the starting job at guard. Both Jordan and Tyler Rigsbee are listed as starters.
- Looks like Schwenke at center and Galas at guard is here to stay.
- Richard Rodgers listed as a starter (many have mentioned that he had a strong spring).
- Yarnway not on the 2-deep at FB.
- Gabe King not on the 2-deep at any of the DL positions.
- Camporeale still listed as a starter at OLB.
- Forbes earned a starting spot at ILB after Mullins and Hurrell were reported to be running with the 1's throughout spring.
- Kaufisi backing up Jalil.
- Cole Lehinger already listed as the punter before he arrives, as there are no other legitimate punting options on the current roster.
- KA listed as the punt returner.
- Bouza listed as the holder.
- Moala not listed on the 2-deep at NG
-Gibson not listed on the 2-deep at ILB.
Last edited by bear1027; 05-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.
I refuse to believe that Moala's name shouldn't be on this list. I know we're stacked on the D line, but please.
I thought Campo was at the spring game with a massive brace on his knee. Surprised to find him still #1 on the depth chart.
Gabe King is still not in the 2 deeps.
I look forward to the frosh olinemen and WRs to arrive this summer.
TE looks like it's pretty thin, especially if Ladner doesn't make it back.
Our OLine isn't fat enough.
I think we're pretty thin at LB and CB as well. Look forward to seeing Pendergast work his magic. He'll need it.
PR Keenan Allen (6-3, 206, Jr.)
KR Brendan Bigelow (5-10, 188, So.)
Either way, the holder last year was not the 1st or 2nd anyway I guess...
Last edited by Phantomfan; 05-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.
I have high hopes for the OL and particularly JR as a new starter. I'm not going to worry one bit about the rotation and DL or LB - that stuff will work itself out during the season. At positions with that much rotation, Clancy will figure out which guys are working and they'll gravitate to the top of the chart. We had some growing pains this year (particularly against the spread) but the guys are all a year older and more experienced so that should be of lesser concern.
I wish it was football season - can't wait to get to CMS.