Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Post-Spring Depth Chart Posted

True Blue Golden Bear Phantomfan's Avatar
    All I can say is I guess one practice (ie Spring Game) is only one practice.

Personally, from the tiny bit I have seen, Bridge would not be 2nd, and Isi/CJA would be flipped (though at RB it is not as big a deal who "starts").

Anyway, there is a long way to go, and a lot of informal and formal coaching and training to be done...

Edit; interesting that the holder is not Bridge or Maynard... I wonder why. I cant remember the last time the holder was not the first or second QB. (Or am I ignorant on what HLD means?)
    Last edited by Phantomfan; 05-01-2012 at 05:58 PM.

I know these things are fluid and it is very early, especially with fall camp still coming up and the incoming freshmen coming in, but there are some interesting things here.

- Looks like Jordan Rigsbee did well enough in spring to pass up some upperclassmen and earn the starting job at guard. Both Jordan and Tyler Rigsbee are listed as starters.

- Looks like Schwenke at center and Galas at guard is here to stay.

- Richard Rodgers listed as a starter (many have mentioned that he had a strong spring).

- Yarnway not on the 2-deep at FB.

- Gabe King not on the 2-deep at any of the DL positions.

- Camporeale still listed as a starter at OLB.

- Forbes earned a starting spot at ILB after Mullins and Hurrell were reported to be running with the 1's throughout spring.

- Kaufisi backing up Jalil.

- Cole Lehinger already listed as the punter before he arrives, as there are no other legitimate punting options on the current roster.

- KA listed as the punt returner.

- Bouza listed as the holder.

- Moala not listed on the 2-deep at NG

-Gibson not listed on the 2-deep at ILB.
    Last edited by bear1027; 05-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.

I refuse to believe that Moala's name shouldn't be on this list. I know we're stacked on the D line, but please.

Loyal Bear
    I thought Campo was at the spring game with a massive brace on his knee. Surprised to find him still #1 on the depth chart.

Gabe King is still not in the 2 deeps.

I look forward to the frosh olinemen and WRs to arrive this summer.

TE looks like it's pretty thin, especially if Ladner doesn't make it back.

Quote Originally Posted by easdog1 View Post
    I thought Campo was at the spring game with a massive brace on his knee. Surprised to find him still #1 on the depth chart.

Gabe King is still not in the 2 deeps.

I look forward to the frosh olinemen and WRs to arrive this summer.

TE looks like it's pretty thin, especially if Ladner doesn't make it back.

Didn't hear much about Campo during the spring. Maybe that is why. Was he injured throughout camp?

Holder...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomfan View Post
    Edit; interesting that the holder is not Bridge or Maynard... I wonder why. I cant remember the last time the holder was not the first or second QB. (Or am I ignorant on what HLD means?)
    iirc, Anger was the holder last year (and may have been in 2010 as well)

Our OLine isn't fat enough.

I think we're pretty thin at LB and CB as well. Look forward to seeing Pendergast work his magic. He'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusthebear View Post
    Our OLine isn't fat enough.

I think we're pretty thin at LB and CB as well. Look forward to seeing Pendergast work his magic. He'll need it.
    I agree on the OL and CB... but LB? I thought we are pretty deep there, even for a 3-4. LB corps doesn't have a ton of experience, but there are plenty of bodies and a lot of potential.

McCain
    Whiteside
    Forbes
    Wilkerson
    Mullins
    Hurrell
    Campo
    Broussard
    Gibson
    Jefferson
    Fanua
    King

SacCityBear
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastabear View Post
    I refuse to believe that Moala's name shouldn't be on this list. I know we're stacked on the D line, but please.
    Moala is huge (not necessarily in a good way unless he has transformed a lot of that fat into muscle). That doesn't mean he is good.

PR Keenan Allen (6-3, 206, Jr.)
    KR Brendan Bigelow (5-10, 188, So.)

Quote Originally Posted by bear1027 View Post
    I agree on the OL and CB... but LB? I thought we are pretty deep there, even for a 3-4. LB corps doesn't have a ton of experience, but there are plenty of bodies and a lot of potential.

McCain
    Whiteside
    Forbes
    Wilkerson
    Mullins
    Hurrell
    Campo
    Broussard
    Gibson
    Jefferson
    Fanua
    King
    I'd agree we're deep there, but not convinced we have the impact playmakers right now. McCain and Whiteside have had flashes, Forbes/Wilkerson are consistent, but I haven't seen the flashes of brilliance we saw in the younger versions of Kendricks, Mohamed, Holt, etc. throughout their careers.

True Blue Golden Bear Phantomfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Cal View Post
    iirc, Anger was the holder last year (and may have been in 2010 as well)
    Really? I must have completely missed that change

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0110828aaa.pdf

Either way, the holder last year was not the 1st or 2nd anyway I guess...
    Last edited by Phantomfan; 05-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patzcalski View Post
    PR Keenan Allen (6-3, 206, Jr.)
    KR Brendan Bigelow (5-10, 188, So.)

+1 - happy to see KA get a shot at PR. I hope Bigs is at 100% and can bring it this next year. Other than his one good KR for a score against Presby, he didn't appear to be one of our better KRs last season.

I have high hopes for the OL and particularly JR as a new starter. I'm not going to worry one bit about the rotation and DL or LB - that stuff will work itself out during the season. At positions with that much rotation, Clancy will figure out which guys are working and they'll gravitate to the top of the chart. We had some growing pains this year (particularly against the spread) but the guys are all a year older and more experienced so that should be of lesser concern.

I wish it was football season - can't wait to get to CMS.

Quote Originally Posted by SacCityBear View Post
    Moala is huge (not necessarily in a good way unless he has transformed a lot of that fat into muscle). That doesn't mean he is good.
    I will go to my grave believing he is hugely awesome, period.

Of course, the coaches know best here, but still seems like a kid with a lot of potential. Maybe things will change.