Thread: The Onion on Bryan Anger

The Onion on Bryan Anger

http://www.theonion.com/articles/jac...er-i-wi,28088/

"I Will Punt The Jaguars To Greatness."

That is awesome. Very happy for Bryan, but given how this pick has been received I definitely wouldn't want to be a punter coming up in next year's draft.

BA got Nick fired ?! You B*stard !

The Jaguars franchise, meanwhile, seemed to be just as excited about Anger, releasing two previous punters, Nick Harris and Spencer Lanning, the day after the draft.
    #Darn!
    deport terrorist threat Jesus, homeland security confirmed illegal alien.

The Onion never disappoints- thanks for the link.

Too bad his soccer kicks weren't just an Onion story.

Quote Originally Posted by chalcidbear View Post
    The Onion never disappoints- thanks for the link.

can we say

VERY SELF CONFIDENT .... cant hate .... wonder if any p/k recruits are taking notice

Quote Originally Posted by going4roses View Post
    VERY SELF CONFIDENT .... cant hate .... wonder if any p/k recruits are taking notice
    There are no disclaimers on The Onion, but I think you kinda whiffed on this one.

The Onion is consistently the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastabear View Post
    That is awesome. Very happy for Bryan, but given how this pick has been received I definitely wouldn't want to be a punter coming up in next year's draft.
    Granted, the reception has not been positive, but perception of the pick is still malleable. If Anger has a great rookie season, people will be talking about how inventive the Jags were and praising their willingness to commit to an unpopular and unorthodox decision.

Quote Originally Posted by KevBear View Post
    Granted, the reception has not been positive, but perception of the pick is still malleable. If Anger has a great rookie season, people will be talking about how inventive the Jags were and praising their willingness to commit to an unpopular and unorthodox decision.
    If Anger has a great rookie season, there will be heat on the front office for failing to improve the offense and people will start to wonder if Blaine Gabbert is the solution to Jacksonville's QB woes.

Quote Originally Posted by KevBear View Post
    Not unless they win games due to his punting.

you do realize the onion is an irreverent farcical publication, originally a newspaper from university of wisconsin cheesehead humorists....