Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todays Game

Baseball strange part is that the Sheldon duo have been batterymates for many years...

It would be one thing if the catching change was to bring together the long-term battery of Jo Henderson & Lindsey Ziegenhirt. To remove the latter, doesn't make any sense.

Of course, I don't see many games nor do I know what's going on at practice, etc. If one player is clearly better defensively or not, I have no idea. Also, I still am dumbfounded about the first game of the season battery of the Henderson sisters...Diane never tried that combo, again. GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ ___
    Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    From my re-collection this is the 2nd time this has happened where Val was pulled and then the catcher switch. Was hopefully that things would work out but doesn't seem like it. This is a total distraction and surprise at coach D's handling..

Quote Originally Posted by #17Fan View Post
    Very astute observation. Perhaps RookieBears1754 is finally tired of the crap as well.
    I read on one of the twitter feeds that Val was under the weather today. I think Coach D wants to go into the showdown next weekend tied in the loss column with ASU. Which means we'll probablly have to sweep since ASU is playing hapless Utah at home this weekend. Might explain some of the moves today.

Quote Originally Posted by calbearsfan View Post
    I read on one of the twitter feeds that Val was under the weather today. I think Coach D wants to go into the showdown next weekend tied in the loss column with ASU. Which means we'll probablly have to sweep since ASU is playing hapless Utah at home this weekend. Might explain some of the moves today.
    The issue is the twitching of the catchers..and not the pitcher.

It's just a wild guess on my part, but perhaps the HC wanted to keep Victoria Jones who's batting .341 in the lineup so that Jolene could concentrate on the pitching only.

Quote Originally Posted by SanseiBear View Post
    It's just a wild guess on my part, but perhaps the HC wanted to keep Victoria Jones who's batting .341 in the lineup so that Jolene could concentrate on the pitching only.
    I agree, and Victoria came through today. Lindsey is only hitting a hair over
    .100, has to be a part of it as well.