Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wit failed me this evening, in the face of star power

My wit failed me this evening, in the face of star power

So we were hosting a Minecraft party tonight for my oldest and his friends (7th grade boys), and we ordered several pizzas to cover the food requirements. I go down to the Aptos Village Host to pick up the pizzas, and there's this strongjawed meathead-looking guy in front of me in line. I'm thinking this guy looks familiar, and as he turns to face me and we lock eyes I realize I'm face to face with Jim Harbaugh. My eyes narrowed, as did his (I was wearing one of my two dozen Cal shirts). I wanted to say something slightly witty, like "Couldn't you have taken Shaw with you?" or "Fourth down inside your own 30, and you went for it?" but all I could think about was Andrew f**king Luck running over Sean Cattouse, my brain-to-mouth circuits shorted, and I just stood there. He soon turned away to pick up plates and napkins for his brood (two sweet little daughters and a youngish blonde wife who doesn't smile with her eyes). I was so flustered that I nearly forgot to use the $5-off coupon I had for two of the pizzas. Cute chesty big-eyes-big-smile girl behind the counter took pity on me (she knows I'm a longtime season ticket holder), so the moment wasn't a total loss.

Should have said. "What your deal?"

That crossed my mind too, afterward, in true jerk store fashion.

I would have replied magnanimously,

"hey, Congrats on kicking our ass...hope we get to the point to return the favor"....

Sometimes magnanimous is witty...and more to the point...

thats funny

no hand shake ?

What was Tedford's record against Jimmy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Territory View Post
    Should have said. "What your deal?"

Quote Originally Posted by FCBear View Post
    I would have replied magnanimously,

"hey, Congrats on kicking our ass...hope we get to the point to return the favor"....

Sometimes magnanimous is witty...and more to the point...
    Harbaugh was 2-2 against Cal. let's not sell ourselves short.

Quote Originally Posted by dajo9 View Post
    Harbaugh was 2-2 against Cal. let's not sell ourselves short.
    FC makes a habit of doing precisely that. He also wouldn't know wit if wit clamped its jaws on his naughty bits. For these two reasons, I'm rather certain that Mike Silver would cockpunch him into next Tuesday were they ever to meet.

WWMSD?

True Blue Golden Bear Phantomfan's Avatar
    "Would you have guessed that going .500 against Cal would get you an NFL job?"

Or

"thank you for making the 9ers relevant"

Or

"Thank you for making the big game competitive/relevant "

Should have knocked his food on the floor and said "HOW'S THAT WORKING FOR YOU?". Then picked up your teeth and headed home.

Hey he may be our next football coach like monty in a few years.....

Get over it...

...you should have said "Go Niners" and, "Nice draft Jim, I sure hope Georgio gets a chance."

You would have sounded less like a jerk than if you had gotten into the Cal thing with him...that is now ancient history!

Pics of the counter girl or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    Pics of the counter girl or it didn't happen.
    +1