Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Softball Pac-12 Champions!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearyBearyGood View Post
    Not to get ahead of ourselves, but does anyone know the record for most wins in a season by a women's division 1 softball team? With so few losses this season, it seems like the Bears would have to be close to the record if they win the WCWS.
    Florida went 70-5 in 2008 and beat us two games to none in the Super Regional in Gainsville, Fla on their way to a NC. We have a shot at finishing in the top 5 for all-time season win PCT:

UCLA 1992 54 2 0 .964
    Arizona 1994 64 3 0 .955
    Arizona 1998 67 4 0 .944
    Arizona 2001 65 4 0 .942
    Florida 2008 70 5 0 .933
    Ariz st. 2008 66 5 0 .930
    Florida 2009 63 5 0 .926
    Last edited by ccajon; 05-12-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Best game i've seen Val pitch in quite some time. Congrats bears!!

agree on val

I agree with cal fanatic. Val pitched a great game. And she had to work out of a ton of jams, against the defending national champions.

Those last two games can help the Bears a lot in the post season.

Hey, Jim! Thanks for representing those of us in the Aloha State

Quote Originally Posted by jyamada View Post
    Saw my first game today. I agree with the two balls hit by Hendu (and I don't think she has much footspeed) but I think Williams made a base running error on the ball hit by Reid. She should have been within a few feet of 2nd base watching to see if the ball was going to be caught by the CF. Once it went over the CF's head, she should have easily been on 3rd with Reid on 2nd. I believe the ball hit the CF fence, so it appeared she should have been able to read the flight of the ball i.e. that it wasn't going to be caught.
    who would have loved to have been at the game! I know you're not from Hawaii, but we'll adopt you! lol! Let's sweep the Sun Devils today and on to the NCAA tourney!

Baseball Thanks, guys!

You're my eyes out there! GO BEARS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUOTE=jyamada;841891116]Saw my first game today. I agree with the two balls hit by Hendu (and I don't think she has much footspeed) but I think Williams made a base running error on the ball hit by Reid. She should have been within a few feet of 2nd base watching to see if the ball was going to be caught by the CF. Once it went over the CF's head, she should have easily been on 3rd with Reid on 2nd. I believe the ball hit the CF fence, so it appeared she should have been able to read the flight of the ball i.e. that it wasn't going to be caught.[/QUOTE]

Attendance 1135; New 'record'

If yesterday was the biggest home gate then today's is too.

Saturday's stat sheet..
    http://www.calbears.com/sports/w-sof...012/54asu.html

Fearless Fosdick further predicts even more will represent at the supposed tourney games everyone's expecting Cal to host next week.

Western TZ 7PM Sunday is softball's ESPNU Selection Show.

#Go,Bears!
    deport terrorist threat Jesus, homeland security confirmed illegal alien.

Quote Originally Posted by SanseiBear View Post
    who would have loved to have been at the game! I know you're not from Hawaii, but we'll adopt you! lol! Let's sweep the Sun Devils today and on to the NCAA tourney!

Sanseibear....I've always felt Hawaii was like a second home and now to be adopted is such a great honor!

I'll have to bone up on my pidgin!

On to the NCAA tourney and then a NC!!

Nice feature on Henderson sisters

nice story on the Henderson Bears: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/12/448...sons-help.html

Also, some photos from the game showing the crowds. Click for full view: