Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Martin Decommits

Paging Terell Newby....

How a HS RB doesn't look at us graduating our top 2 RBs and not want good playing time is beyong me. Calling Justin Davis... why compete with the #1 RB in the nation when we have no RB recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    He still show up on Scout as "Cal" but he is off Rivals now...OK, why are some of you guys dancing around the issue. Is this for premium members only?...why all the secrecy on this one?.... ok...I get it. Premium stuff but I take it from what ManBear said that something is amiss on his side....oh well, upward and onward.
    This came from the other site... does it show he decommited? Did you check his offers?

I will never pay for premium on this site ever again. After the site being down they sent out a message saying they would extend memberships a month. My account came up for renewal and I sent a message asking about the 1 month extension, no answer and my account was shut off. Great customer service. Plus with what happened last season what is the value of premium anyway? DJ Martin got offered by Oregon, UO is a better program than Cal right now, their facilities are also very nice and they win, that is why I believe he decommitted. Save your money and read the Chronicle the day after LOI day.

Do I hear some rustlin in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by diva1 View Post
    I will never pay for premium on this site ever again. After the site being down they sent out a message saying they would extend memberships a month. My account came up for renewal and I sent a message asking about the 1 month extension, no answer and my account was shut off. Great customer service. Plus with what happened last season what is the value of premium anyway? DJ Martin got offered by Oregon, UO is a better program than Cal right now, their facilities are also very nice and they win, that is why I believe he decommitted. Save your money and read the Chronicle the day after LOI day.
    lol, that's not why he's no longer coming to Cal.

Maybe maybe not but after last recruiting season I will never believe anything I hear on the premium side, its all spin. When the bulk of the norcal studs all commit elsewhere we can all read that its academics and not the fact the program is dead in the water

Maybe maybe not but after last recruiting season I will never believe anything I hear on the premium side, its all spin. When the bulk of the norcal studs all commit elsewhere we can all read that its academics and not the fact the program is dead in the water
    u mad bro?

diva and others, the few dollars a month for premium info is money well spent

just because you once has a service issue is no reason not to subscribe...if your kid's teacher mischeduled a parent conference would you pull your kid out of the school? as my daughters often tell me, you need to chill-ax

last word was that dj martin was back at a continuation school. D1 for now can be considered out of the question from what i was told from a close source.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenjax View Post
    last word was that dj martin was back at a continuation school. D1 for now can be considered out of the question from what i was told from a close source.
    This is what I referenced on the insider board a couple weeks ago: http://www.bearinsider.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59489

Martin didn't "decommit." He had to be dropped because of being back at continuation school and other personal issues.

He seemed like a good kid when I spoke with him. Hopefully he'll get his shot. Kinda doubt it's D1 next year, though.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    This is what I referenced on the insider board a couple weeks ago: http://www.bearinsider.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59489

Martin didn't "decommit." He had to be dropped because of being back at continuation school and other personal issues.

He seemed like a good kid when I spoke with him. Hopefully he'll get his shot. Kinda doubt it's D1 next year, though.
    Thanks for the clarification MB.

Quote Originally Posted by StillNoStanfurdium View Post
    u mad bro?
    i lol'd.

After the site being down they sent out a message saying they would extend memberships a month. My account came up for renewal and I sent a message asking about the 1 month extension, no answer.
    This happened to me, too - no answer after inquiring about the extension that was offered of BI's own accord. Wonder what happened? MB? Greybear?

Edit: I should note that other than the lack of the promised free month, I am reasonably satisfied with the premium board (especially chat during the peak of recruiting season).
    Last edited by Cal Bears Great; 06-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Bears Great View Post
    This happened to me, too - no answer after inquiring about the extension that was offered of BI's own accord. Wonder what happened? MB? Greybear?

Edit: I should note that other than the lack of the promised free month, I am reasonably satisfied with the premium board (especially chat during the peak of recruiting season).
    I also inquired about the free month and this is the response I got. I don't really care about it that much, but it doesn't seem like it should be that complicated:

We have not worked out the mechanism how the month will be applied to our many, many subscribers

The Bear Insider Staff