Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1570

Thread: Hey Dodgers Fans

  1. #16
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    Vogelsong > Kershaw
    Sure why not.

    Then where is Lincecum in the equation? Hmm... OK let's find the ERA ranking for MLB starters. Oh, here it is.

    105. Jake Arrieta 5.55 > 106. Tommy Hunter 5.67 > 107. Timmy 6.07.

    Unfortunately, with the Dodgers' pathetic hitting right now, Timmy will probably lower his ERA to slightly under 6 after Wednesday's game. Should be a fun rest of the year. Go Dodgers!

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    We could have said the same thing when you guys beat us last series since we didnt have the Panda.

    Leave it to a UW fan to be hatting like a hatter
    Stop this NL west pillow fight. Both teams got owned by the Angels last week. If MLB had relegation, the NL west is where the sorry teams would go. ;-P go Bears! Go Halos!

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Sure why not.

    Then where is Lincecum in the equation? Hmm... OK let's find the ERA ranking for MLB starters. Oh, here it is.

    105. Jake Arrieta 5.55 > 106. Tommy Hunter 5.67 > 107. Timmy 6.07.

    Unfortunately, with the Dodgers' pathetic hitting right now, Timmy will probably lower his ERA to slightly under 6 after Wednesday's game. Should be a fun rest of the year. Go Dodgers!
    Tomorrow's start for Timmy is going to be interesting. He had a bad first inning in his last start but after that, he really dialed in. Let's see if he carries that over.

  4. #19
    True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Island of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,662
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDowntoWashington View Post
    You beat the Dodgers without Matt Kemp (who accounts for a major % of the team's offense). Congrats. The Giants still suck. I'm praying that Sabean will foolishly give Melky Cabrera a huge extension.
    Injuries happen. Weak excuse. Matt Kemp didn't cause Kershaw to give up the big HR to The Melk Man.

  5. #20
    True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Island of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,662
    I say this with the utmost respect for one of the greatest rivalries in all sports. The Dodgers blow! Today we'll know better if Lincecum has gotten over the hump or not. Go Giants!!! Beat LA.

  6. #21
    True Blue Golden Bear sycasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    11,945
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBlast View Post
    Stop this NL west pillow fight. Both teams got owned by the Angels last week. If MLB had relegation, the NL west is where the sorry teams would go. ;-P go Bears! Go Halos!
    You're thinking of the AL Central.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    Vogelsong > Kershaw
    Based on a single game? LOL. Let's see how their statistics match up at the end of the season.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    I say this with the utmost respect for one of the greatest rivalries in all sports. The Dodgers blow! Today we'll know better if Lincecum has gotten over the hump or not. Go Giants!!! Beat LA.
    ...and the Yankees swallow.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by LafayetteBear View Post
    ...and the Yankees swallow.
    I agree with this.

    And so if the Dodgers blow and the Yankees swallow...the Giants rim and felch, you know it being SF and all!

    (sorry...just stirring the rivalry a bit)

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by LafayetteBear View Post
    Based on a single game? LOL. Let's see how their statistics match up at the end of the season.
    Forgot to mention - he beat Kershaw earlier in the season too. 2-0

    But yeah let;s see...

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    You should have been around in the 60's and 70s when the hate was even worse....the fans still hate each other but back then, even the players hated each other which you don't see today.....Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale were wicked good but then again, the Giants had Mays, McCovey, Cepeda and the Alou brothers to counter them.....nothing like Juna Marichal hitting catcher Johnny Rosboro in the head with his bat after Rosboro threw a ball back to the pitcher too close to Juan's head....NOW THOSE were the days....




    I witnessed some of it in the 70s and the Dodgers and Giants still hated each other very much. That part of old time baseball I miss. Now players provide each other professional courtesy because who knows, they could end up on the same time via free agency. It still is (to an extent) one of the greatest sports rivalries ever. Hell it's pretty certain Walter O'Malley and Horace Stoneham moved West around the same time to maintain the rivalry, knowing that was a big part of the game. At least if there's a race for the division, the rivalry gets revived.

  12. #27
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    Tomorrow's start for Timmy is going to be interesting. He had a bad first inning in his last start but after that, he really dialed in. Let's see if he carries that over.
    My worry is that he has the perfect team to pitch against to get this act together (like Zito the other day). No need for rehab assignments to the minors. Just schedule a start against the Doyers. Doyers gotta take one from the Gigantes, though. Glad it's the Dodgers and Giants contending rather that the D-Backs (boring).
    Last edited by KoreAmBear; 06-27-2012 at 11:00 AM.

  13. #28
    one start doesn't define a trend. Kershaw has owned the Giants in the past. Whether or not yesterday was a precursor of things to come or just a bump in the road remains to be seen.

    Reminds me of:

    "And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row."
    after beating Jimmy Connors at the January 1979 Masters. Gerulaitis had lost their previous 16 matches.


  14. #29
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,564
    Quote Originally Posted by rathokan View Post
    one start doesn't define a trend. Kershaw has owned the Giants in the past. Whether or not yesterday was a precursor of things to come or just a bump in the road remains to be seen.

    Reminds me of:

    "And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row."
    – after beating Jimmy Connors at the January 1979 Masters. Gerulaitis had lost their previous 16 matches.

    Clayton has not been himself this year because he has plantar fasciitis on his plant foot, which we know can be painfully dreadful when MSF had to play on it. He'll likely have to power through the rest of the season with it. Plus 2 runs allowed is more than a quality start anyway. Vogelsong has been great this year.

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by rathokan View Post
    one start doesn't define a trend. Kershaw has owned the Giants in the past. Whether or not yesterday was a precursor of things to come or just a bump in the road remains to be seen.

    Reminds me of:

    "And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row."
    after beating Jimmy Connors at the January 1979 Masters. Gerulaitis had lost their previous 16 matches.

    Kershaw in 0-2 against the Giants so far. Im excited for the next Kershaw start against the GMen. This is perhaps the best Giants offense of recent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •