Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Dodgers Fans

Timmy LIMPcecum...2-8. I like the kid, shows it's about desire and effort but man I hope the Dodgers shell him but good. Lets hope his fastball is sub 85 mph.

Well Timmy is good so far. Definitely has command of his pitches.
    Last edited by Adrian The Cal Bear; 06-27-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Live webstream here: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/57836/1/m...am-online.html (get the headphones out)

With HOFer and all-time great Vin Scully at the mic. Say all you want Giants fans but you don't have Vin Scully. Only guy that's in the same sentence of Jack Buck, father of idiot Joe.

Go Dodgers!

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FingeroftheBear View Post
    Live webstream here: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/57836/1/m...am-online.html (get the headphones out)

With HOFer and all-time great Vin Scully at the mic. Say all you want Giants fans but you don't have Vin Scully. Only guy that's in the same sentence of Jack Buck, father of idiot Joe.

Go Dodgers!
    Do you have to download all that crap?

Quote Originally Posted by FingeroftheBear View Post

Go Dodgers!
    Ill take Kruk, Kuip, Jon Miller, and even Dave Flemming over Scully anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    Scully is 84 but still better than all but one of these guys (Miller).

Kuiper is good. Kruk boring. Fleming is beyond boring residing in the outskirts of McCarver-ville

Homer much?

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Do you have to download all that crap?
    Nothing to download...just click and it brings you the game.
    Last edited by FingeroftheBear; 06-27-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    Scully is 84 but still better than all but one of these guys (Miller).

Kuiper is good. Kruk boring. Fleming is beyond boring residing in the outskirts of McCarver-ville
    Hahaha...you guys really think Miller is better than Vin? You guys are truly delusional. The Giants broadcast crew is good...but no way they're even close to Vin. Besides 60+ years in the booth, he does TV games solo.

I'm willing to admit when the Giants are good like Willie Mays but you Giant fans are clueless on this.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Homer much?
    I grew up listening to those 4 so yeah call me a homer. But I think the same can be said on both sides. I find Scully boring.

I grew up listening to those 4 so yeah call me a homer. But I think the same can be said on both sides. I find Scully boring.
    Maybe but he has saint-like status to Dodger fans and there's a substantial consensus throughout baseball about Vinny's ability and legendary status (more so than people liking guys like Kuiper etc. - not even an issue). I like Jon Miller but I hated listening to him, not just because he's the Giant broadcaster, but I really hate listening to Joe Morgan pontificate.

Jon Miller is God awful. A lot of people in Baltimore hated him too. I wonder what took ESPN so long to get rid of Miller and Morgan. Dan Shulman is a million times better than Miller.

Krukow and Kuiper aren't terrible, but they certainly aren't top tier announcers. Vin Scully, Marty Brennaman, Bob Uecker, and Shulman are great announcers.

Jumping the gun here -- still 3 innings left -- but when's the last time a team swept three games with three shutouts?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBear View Post
    Jumping the gun here -- still 3 innings left -- but when's the last time a team swept three games with three shutouts?
    Texas Rangers in 2008

Oakland A' in 1996 (The A's have had 9 streaks of 2 and 3 game shutouts...the last 2 gamer was 2010, against the Giants)

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    Texas Rangers in 2008

Oakland A' in 1996 (The A's have had 9 streaks of 2 and 3 game shutouts...the last 2 gamer was 2010, against the Giants)
    It's a good time to be playing the Dodgers right now. Futile offense, Kemp and now Ethier (looks like a strained oblique and that may be for a while) are hurt, Kershaw has plantar fasciitis, the starting corners on the team have 3 HRs between them. This is gonna get real ugly by the AS break.