Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiteside declared academically ineligible for 2012

Helmet Whiteside declared academically ineligible for 2012

And the Cecil drama continues...

Man wtf????? So Tedford was wrong about him improving his academic standing or????? How did this change so f*ckin fast?

Is this probably the end of it? Sucks...

Sad trombone.

Is he still "on the team" even though he's ineligible? Or is he now off the team after being reinstated?

Quote Originally Posted by BoaltBear View Post
    Is he still "on the team" even though he's ineligible? Or is he now off the team after being reinstated?
    my question also

He's still with the team, yes.

With regard to Tedford "not knowing," grades just came out. There was nothing to know till then. But Whiteside's earlier dismissal from the team was not purely academic. There were other issues they choose not to publicize so that's the way it's going to be.

So, after this year, does he have 3 to play 3 or 3 to play 2 or 2 to play 2.

Got it. Thanks.

According to JT, there is a program in place in which the assistants track the academic performance of the players (a red, yellow, green system). This is a program that has been highly touted by JT and is one in which he is justifiably proud.

Question: If this program is working correctly, how can the staff "not know" that a guy is in deep trouble?

It sounds like JT's great idea has been tossed into the dustbin or one of his staff members dropped the ball.

NOTE: I am not suggesting that the program prevents guys from failing; however, I am suggesting that when a guy does fail, it should NOT be a surprise to the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by 71Bear View Post
    According to JT, there is a program in place in which the assistants track the academic performance of the players (a red, yellow, green system). This is a program that has been highly touted by JT and is one in which he is justifiably proud.

Question: If this program is working correctly, how can the staff "not know" that a guy is in deep trouble?

It sounds like JT's great idea has been tossed into the dustbin or one of his staff members dropped the ball.

NOTE: I am not suggesting that the program prevents guys from failing; however, I am suggesting that when a guy does fail, it should NOT be a surprise to the staff.
    Sounds to me like CW actually "dropped the ball" academically.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    He's still with the team, yes.

With regard to Tedford "not knowing," grades just came out. There was nothing to know till then.
    bullsh.t, people know plenty along the way

this ^

can't help but look at this and think that the more JT tries to control the less positive benefit comes out of it

Jeff Tedford on LB Cecil Whiteside:
    "He was academically ineligible after the spring semester. He hasn't really been in the plans."