Thread: women tennis recruit

women tennis recruit

Maegan Manasse from Mira Costa high school, Ca. Sorry hope this is not a repeat!

http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/player.asp?id=246987

I looked on this site and no guy recruits yet...
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 11-16-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Bluescriptcal Nice job!

Will women's tennis take two in this recruit class to replace seniors, Tayler Davis & Annie Goransson (sp?)?GO BEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Will women's tennis take two in this recruit class to replace seniors, Tayler Davis & Annie Goransson (sp?)?GO BEARS!
    Cal will prob bring in another international player, now that they have their CA recruit (Manasse) to balance out their in-state/out-of-state scholarship $ numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by pearbear View Post
    Cal will prob bring in another international player, now that they have their CA recruit (Manasse) to balance out their in-state/out-of-state scholarship $ numbers.
    Wish we can get some US recruits. Last US born athlete of accomplishment was Raguel Kops-Jones more than 10 yrs ago!!

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    Wish we can get some US recruits. Last US born athlete of accomplishment was Raguel Kops-Jones more than 10 yrs ago!!
    Home grown talent is preferred, but then again, look at Cal's success recently with international stars - Babos, Juricova, Cossou, and the current team members Schutting, Susanyi, etc. Cal's had several talented US recruits in recent memory. Stephany Chang was a high level recruit, but fell out of the rotation by the end of her career, and was always the #5 or #6 single. Tayler Davis has played as high as #2 singles, but with mixed results; she's settled into one of the middle spots of the rotation. Small sample size, but the returns haven't been promising. Perhaps if Cal dedicated more of its resources towards recruiting American players, there would yield better results, but at this time, our international pipeline is keeping this program a perennial contender.

Cal's Florida frosh, Chi, was rated highly...

http://www.calbears.com/sports/w-ten...hi_lynn00.html

UCLA really lands top USA prep talent. Anderson defeated both Susanyi & Shutting in most recent tournament. GO BEARS!

FlashingScriptCal Maegan sounds like a great recruit

I like the 57-9 record against other 5 star recruits. Welcome to Cal !

Officially annoucement Maegan Manasse

Quote Originally Posted by cmfan64 View Post
    I like the 57-9 record against other 5 star recruits. Welcome to Cal !
    signs LOI!! She had a sister that played on Cal's tennis team back in 2005! Terrific recruit.

http://www.calbears.com/sports/w-ten...120312aaa.html

OBear: Personally know the mother (our granddaughter's coach) of one of the five star girls she lost to in split sets, and 6-7, 4-6 (Alyssa Smith). She has been #1 in South Orange Co for some time at Dana Hills, and is heading to Duke on a full ride. So the two are very, very close. Alyssa has played international competition, and is probably top rated in her age group. Based on that I would guess we got ourselves a good one...

Super state of CA recruit...

Now-I see why Kennedy Davis, 2012 CCS Singles Champion, just signed w/ San Diego State. She's Tayler's younger sister who also played for Archbishop Mitty-San Jose.

GO BEARS!

S71. I am a CCS backer. Both my kids went to Los Gatos. Have a granddaughter running XC at Aptos. Love the CCS, just like you do. But it is small, very small compared to the other divisions of CIF.

I could give you numerous examples, but one: My granddaughters XC team won CCS D3 as the number one seed, over the likes of St. Iggy. Went to state with high hopes and came home disappointed with a 13th place finish. Stories like this go on and on. Yes, there are some good, very good, individual athletes, and occasionally some good teams that can compete at the state level. But for the most part CCS is small compared to the likes of the southern divisions. Orange County itself has 3.8 M people, and they don't do all that well in CIF.

Does that mean that a banner team (take DLS) can't beat the best of SoCal? No, but how many more teams can.

Take girls soccer. You have some good clubs in NorCal----Mustang in Danville, San Juan Spirit in the Valley, Santa Rosa Freeze in north county, Pleasanton Rage in Pleasanton. The others, for the most part are a step down. The first three I mentioned can compete with Slammers, SoCalBlues, and West Coast---three OC teams within a 10 mile radius. There is also Real So Cal, Arsenal, LAFC, Beach, San Diego Surf, Eagles, Carlsbad Elite------get my picture. Nor Cal has one or two teams that can compete with multiple teams down here.

Parents mortgage their lives for their children to advance in club soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, etc.

Not meant as a put down, and by the way my heart is in NorCal (born and bred there, lived there for 60+ years), but reality is scale, and everything is bigger, more agro in SoCal.

Bluescriptcal I absolutely agree but that's what makes it fun...

I'll make a couple of comments. Girls sports is much more competitive than boys sports on a state-wide basis.

I'm sure that the state championships don't mean that much to the Southern California powerhouses but in the North vs South rivalries, the competition mean a lot to the underdog (" David vs Goliath").

Cal softball (2002 CSWS champs), Cal women's bball (the fab five fr NorCal), etc can be very competitive with predominantly NorCal talent. If the men's bball megamonster class would have come to fruition with Jabari Bird, Aaron Gordon & Marcus Lee, the Bears would have likely been a factor there in the Pac 12.

GO BEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by OdontoBear66 View Post
    S71. Have a granddaughter running XC at Aptos. Love the
    We could had used you and your granddaughter to recruit a Aptos track star!! Looks like Nikki Hiltz, defending Cal state champ in the 1500 has committed to Oregon.

http://www.crosscountryexpress.com/2...ersity-of.html
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 12-09-2012 at 06:23 AM.

I saw her double at the CCS finals...

in the 800m & 1600m...Too bad Tony couldnt corral her. GO BEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    We could had used you and your granddaughter to recruit a Aptos track star!! Looks like Nikki Hiltz, defending Cal state champ in the 1500 has committed to Oregon.

http://www.crosscountryexpress.com/2...ersity-of.html
    She knows her, and apparently she picked Oregon over Stanfurd??? I guess the Oregon track tradition beat out the 'furd academic reputation. I know I would not like my kids decision had she done that, but then........