Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missy Franklin changing her mind?

Bluescriptcal Missy Franklin changing her mind?

http://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz...tts-701&fr2=ps

Evidently, Missy will bypass swimming her senior year in high school. This decision might possibly have a "chain reaction" effect on other future decisions.

GO BEARS!

Wow, do you panic over everything? There was nothing there about her changing her mind about coming to Cal or a chain reaction.

Schroeder71 = Chicken Little

Quote Originally Posted by operbear View Post
    Schroeder71 = Chicken Little

Schrodeť taje a year off from the board and grow "a pair."

So... whay about my previous post....

That she could enter Cal early and swim the 2013 season. It's happened in football.

Bluescriptcal I hope that everyone's correct re: Missy & Cal

I obviously want her to lead the Bears to two more NCAA championships. Que sera, sera. GO BEARS!

I construe her remarks to be that she knows she is so far ahead of her likely high school competition as to render it ludicrous, and far better to let her teammates who are competitive at the high school level have the opportunity to swim in a competitive manner.
    Obviously, she is aware that her best competition will be at the highest college level and top-flight international competition.
    She is bright and level-headed, and she wants to succeed at the highest level. She rightly sees that two years at Cal will give her the best chance to succeed in the years going forward.
    Hoorah for her!

Bluescriptcal I didn't read her comments as black 'n white as you did...

I only skimmed the content of the articles but I thought that I detected a comment alluding to the million dollar endorsements that she is forgoing to maintain her college amateur status. Nothing definitive on her part but that she might have to revisit the subject. Everyone has a price that they cannot turn down. Also, remember that she can participate in the Olympics and finish her degree at Cal either way.

GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 11-21-2012 at 08:49 AM.

FlashingScriptCal S71 -Give it a rest

Missy at the Goggle awards talked about the controversy related to high school swimming. She said she was torn -still wanting to swim for her team & be with her friends but recognized it deprived others of a chance to win. It was typical Missy , caring & wanting to be fair & do what is right. At no time did she give a hint about skipping her two years at Cal.

Bluescriptcal Have a nice Thanksgivg!

I will not bring up Missy Franklin further. I hate it when I find "news" and share it (link it) here and get ridiculed for it. Nothing is more frustrating.
    GO BEARS!

GoldenYears
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    I will not bring up Missy Franklin further. I hate it when I find "news" and share it (link it) here and get ridiculed for it. Nothing is more frustrating.
    GO BEARS!

Sharing news is sharing news. Adding the conjecture about it possibly affecting whether she would come to Cal when she's already signed her letter of intent is something else. If you don't people disagreeing with your opinions, then you'd be best served not posting them on the internet.

Headline

You can and should post "news". The problem is with the headline which would leave one to think she's changing her mind about attending Cal, not deciding to swim for her HS. That's the issue.

Happy Turkey Day!

You can relax now!

http://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz...tts-701&fr2=ps

Evidently, Missy will bypass swimming her senior year in high school. This decision might possibly have a "chain reaction" effect on other future decisions.

GO BEARS!
    Missy gonna swim for her high school team.... http://swimswam.com/2012/11/missy-fr...school-season/

GO BEARS!
    You're not just sharing news. You're sharing news and attaching a bizarre take to the news. You have a history of irrationally fearing for the worst and you're cynical takes are often incorrect. This will be no exception.