Thread: article on Hawari, finishing her career

article on Hawari, finishing her career

http://dailycalifornian.ca.newsmemor...A01%20&artid=3

Just a super vball player for Cal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oskigobears View Post
    http://dailycalifornian.ca.newsmemor...A01%20&artid=3

Just a super vball player for Cal!!!!
    Nice to reflect on her 5 years. She has come a long way and she is having for her a breakout season! Will be there on Friday to see her and all of the other seniors last home game. OskiB..is Robin returning next year? I suppose if she walks out with the other SRs on Friday it will be an indication she will not be returning.

When I spoke to Robin in early September in Honolulu,

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    OskiB..is Robin returning next year? I suppose if she walks out with the other SRs on Friday it will be an indication she will not be returning.
    she was upbeat about playing this season, but apparently her injury has gotten worse. My guess is if she can fully recover, she'll be back. The positive side is Mary McKinnon has really improved compared to the start of this season, and next year we'll get Maddy Kerr on the team. We need another MH to replace Kat, Shannon, and Correy.

I'm going to be in Southern California. i don't say unfortunately since we're going to Disneyland (maybe I can convince my wife that I can go to the BB tournament).

I say this as a guy who didn't miss a home match from the 2nd match of 1999 until 2008. I made a couple of mid-day weekday contests, and even drove all the way from Las Vegas to make one.

I will however follow the results and be there in spirit. I think Cal has the potential to pull this one off it the stars align just right. It worked against Oregon and was close against UW and USC. They're not a consistent passing team, but some nights it just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BearClause View Post
    They're not a consistent passing team, but some nights it just happens.
    They really ,,really miss Robin. Robin would help their passing and also shore up a big weakness(IMO) in the middle between the front and back rows. I never seem so many just fall out of the reach of the backrow. Positioning of the plyers in the back row seems to be a big problem (?).

Go Vollyebears!

All the best to Shannon and her mates who have had to fight a lot of adversity this year. Let's hope for a victory against Furd, an invite to the big dance, and a run through the NCAAs. Corry, Shannon and Kat were an excellent class and great teamates, and as my wife once permitted me to say, easy on the eyes.

wiaf, you're spot on with that observation, but

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    Corry, Shannon and Kat were an excellent class and great teamates, and as my wife once permitted me to say, easy on the eyes.
    my favorite is Assistant Coach Jenn Carey who always gives me a big hug when I bring the Hawaiian goodies for the team and staff!