Thread: Men's Water Polo

Men's Water Polo

Did anybody ever hear what prompted Kirk to dismiss those 5 players? Sounds like a failed drug test. Regardless, quite a shame. I'm gonna try and make it to the MPSF semis if they beat 'Dine today.

Quote Originally Posted by juarezbear View Post
    Did anybody ever hear what prompted Kirk to dismiss those 5 players? Sounds like a failed drug test. Regardless, quite a shame. I'm gonna try and make it to the MPSF semis if they beat 'Dine today.
    No details were released.

Are these 5 WP players....

Permanently banned? Does anyone know if they are still in school? I wonder what our W/L record would be today if we still had them eligible.

Bluescriptcal 4 of the 5 were major contributors...

One was the star goalie and three others were top offensive scorers last season.

Cal lost lots of close battles this season that had to make one wonder if the five banished players could have made a difference.
    GO BEARS!

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Do we know the reason for their dismissal?

water polo scholies ?

There are some 18 names on the current roster.

How many scholies for m water polo?

Did those dismissed make any scholies available for some walkons?

Kirk has done a good job rallying this group after the dismissal...they are playing their best polo of the year. Anything is possible at the MPSF tourney.

UCLA got the final spot for the National Championship. USC, Air Force and St. Francis (NY) are the rest of the field.
    Next year.

need to bump up the tourney from 4 to 8 its a joke that Cal isn't in there, top 4 schools in the country are always from the mpsf, so if you want to bring in a st francis or an air force at least bring in more mpsf schools as well.

I actually thought they were going to do this a few years ago, wonder why it didnt happen?

Yup, we have two bona fide semifinalists who lose to $C and UCLA by 10 goals when 'furd, Cal, and three or four other west coast schools play them within a goal or two. Absolutely ridiculous. Tis' a gimme to the finals for the two west coast teams chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by OdontoBear66 View Post
    Yup, we have two bona fide semifinalists who lose to $C and UCLA by 10 goals when 'furd, Cal, and three or four other west coast schools play them within a goal or two. Absolutely ridiculous. Tis' a gimme to the finals for the two west coast teams chosen.
    '

I would tend to agree overall.
    But if you saw St. Francis in the NCAA Semi's vs USC at Cal a couple of years ago you'd know that they are a totally LEGIT team.
    90% of that team is non-US and very talented.