Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: VB: Today's Pre-game Press Conference

  1. #1

    VB: Today's Pre-game Press Conference

    Coach Feller, Kat Brown, and Shannon Hawari. Go Bears!

    http://www.cyclones.com/mediaPortal/...b_oem_id=10700

  2. #2

    Lst year we were the favorites but were

    not playing well. This year, I feel we are the underdogs but we might be playing better. I wouldn't want to play us.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    not playing well. This year, I feel we are the underdogs but we might be playing better. I wouldn't want to play us.
    I have to disagree. Cal has a very good VB reputation. This team has underperformed, but every once in a while exceeded expectations. I imagine this is what you base your optimism on. I am afraid the way we have performed this year it may be a one and out.

    Eternally an optimist, I hope for much more, but.............

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OdontoBear66 View Post
    I am afraid the way we have performed this year it may be a one and out.
    Just like last year..and against Tarheels too!

  5. #5

    Bluescriptcal injuries?

    What happened to these girls (DNP)?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

    Lillian Schoenwise (6'3" MB) sophomore-did she redshirt?

    Robin Rostratter (libero) senior-will she receive a redshirt & return?

    Michelle Neumayr (6'1" OH) RS frosh

    Just curious...
    GO BEARS!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    What happened to these girls (DNP)?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

    Lillian Schoenwise (6'3" MB) sophomore-did she redshirt?

    Robin Rostratter (libero) senior-will she receive a redshirt & return?

    Michelle Neumayr (6'1" OH) RS frosh

    Just curious...
    GO BEARS!
    I think the injures were mentioned in a previous thread. Regarding Robin redshirting, I don't think she is. During Senior night she was introduce and a jersey with her number was framed and given to her..same as with the other seniors. My guess she plans to graduate and not return for her 4th year (imo).

  7. #7

    This year we had a ton of injuries

    Last year we won a lot of sloppy games with a new setter and were basically an underachiever. This year we were undernmanned.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    Last year we won a lot of sloppy games with a new setter and were basically an underachiever. This year we were undernmanned.
    Oskigobear, bearclause, or baywatcher would probably analyze better but we still played sloppy and had a new setter this year. This was compounded by bad passing and a very inexperience back row, especially with Robin injured and Erin Freeman quitting. The only other returning DS was Marlee Davis who I don't think had a great season. Having OH Gehan in the backrow too was a weakness .. as other teams were serving her successfully when she played the back row. Back row just lacked quickness as other teams were continuously dinking over our front line. Yes we were undermanned but passing, setting, and digging were major problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •