Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOD beats Mitty

BOD beats Mitty

at Mitty by score of 51 to 40. Couple of titanic duos. I assume Schroeder was there.

stats for the game

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    at Mitty by score of 51 to 40. Couple of titanic duos. I assume Schroeder was there.

Bishop O'Dowd 51, Archbishop Mitty-San Jose 40
    Bishop O'Dowd (2-0)
    Thomas 4 2-4 10, Bostick 1 5-6 7, Chidom 8 4-5 20, Waters 3 1-2 7, Brown 1 0-0 2, Robertson 2 0-0 5. Totals 19 12-17 51.
    Archbishop Mitty (0-1)
    Dinger 3 0-0 8, Hayes 2 5-7 9, Galipeau 0 2-4 2, Anderson 6 1-2 17, Craig 1 2-2 4, Griffin 0 0-1 0. Totals 12 10-16 40.
    O'Dowd 14 7 17 13-- 51
    Mitty 10 10 8 12-- 40
    3-point goals: Robertson; Anderson 4, Dinger 2. Fouled out: Hayes. Technical: Bostick. Highlights: BOD -- Chidom 16 rebounds, 2 blocks; Waters 6 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 2 assists; Bostick 5 rebounds, 3 steals; AM -- Craig 5 rebounds; Chi 4 rebounds, 2 assists; Hayes 4 rebounds, 2 blocks.

SMB beat SI at the Ladycat classic yesterday 71-51. SI is projected to be the WCAL's 2nd best team. SI got a couple of transfers including Quincy Mann from piedmont. Gabby Green named MVP had 22 pt and Cal recruit Cowling had 20pt. SMB will play Mitty Dec 5 in Berkeley.

Evidently Anderson was sensational for Mitty

the little freshman point guard came off the bench to hit 4 threes.

Talk about a game for Cal recruits, with Hayes from Mitty and Thomas from O'Dowd. We are recruiting both and when people talk about point guards, Thomas should be mentioned although she is a year behind the others. I am sure Anderson got our attention too.

The little sophomore point guard from St. Mary's of Stockton was MVP of their tourney. I forget her name but Kat will remind me.

Bod

Not a good result for BOD, they are clearly not as good as their ranking.

Basketball Yes-I attended the game & will post my observations today...

Im awaiting the posting of BODs stats on Max Preps. I have AM's. One key point, Mitty played without their starting guards, SG Kalyn Simon (knee tendonitis) & PG Vanessa Garner (knee surgery rehab). Two of the Monarch's best players were true freshmen. GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ _____

There are some stats in this series of posts

The CC Times posted that the O'Dowd girls felt they were rusty.

I am assuming you were there to

Quote Originally Posted by califan View Post
    Not a good result for BOD, they are clearly not as good as their ranking.
    witness the game?

Youtube video

The CC Times posted that the O'Dowd girls felt they were rusty.
    22 Oderah, 44 waters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmcjfPVLRAw

St Ignatius evidently played SM w/out 6-1 post, Josie Little.

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/jMe...htm#away_stats

The soph's not listed in the boxscore (Little was rated top 5 frosh in CA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    SMB beat SI at the Ladycat classic yesterday 71-51. SI is projected to be the WCAL's 2nd best team. SI got a couple of transfers including Quincy Mann from piedmont. Gabby Green named MVP had 22 pt and Cal recruit Cowling had 20pt. SMB will play Mitty Dec 5 in Berkeley.

st mary was missing someone too

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post

Ma'ane Mosley last year voted to the first team all state freshmen!!
    http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/...rls-underclass. No doubt she will be targeted by many D-1 schools.

Mosely is a hell of a player

Saw her in the spring and in the summmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post

Looks like Little has not played yet this season (no stats), but even so SI's top 4 scorers so far are all sophomores. Could be a strong team in 2 years.

BOD is notorious for their slow starts. I can't remember them ever playing well this early. That's why they have never done well at Nike. They always play their best in the later part of the season.

The soph from SMS is named Brijanee Moore. She is really good. As to being named MVP are you referring to the tournament in San Diego late last summer?
    Last edited by willtalk; 12-13-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willtalk View Post
    BOD is notorious for their slow starts. I can't remember them ever playing well this early. That's why they have never done well at Nike. They always play their best in the later part of the season.

The soph from SMS is named Brijanee Moore. She is really good. As to being named MVP are you referring to the tournament in San Diego late last summer?
    I read St. Mary's Stockton has a freshman standout 5'10" shooter Kat Tudor as well.