Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It bugs me seeing the "Monty's Arrogance" title...

Real Bear

It bugs me seeing the "Monty's Arrogance" title...

every time I log on to B.I.

Wasn't this just some bull$hit from some bull$hitter, Willie something?

Where is the evidence of this? If there is none, can we get it removed??
    Last edited by SonomaBear; 12-06-2012 at 04:00 PM.

+1. It's not arrogance to want to see a kid develop a bit more before offering. Lee probably had 5x peers who didn't develop/grow/academically succeed but were his equal at age 15.

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniaBear View Post
    +1. It's not arrogance to want to see a kid develop a bit more before offering. Lee probably had 5x peers who didn't develop/grow/academically succeed but were his equal at age 15.
    I think Cal should have been among the first schools to offer. It's not like we are Duke or Kentucky, where we can hop in on an elite kid's recruitment and jump to the top of the list. We still had a shot at the end, being the local school and all.

What I want to know is, who is doing the evaluations here? Monty offers Kaileb Rodriguez right after a mediocre junior season and Lee can't get an early offer after putting up video game numbers against better competition? No one is perfect, I guess, but it's frustrating seeing the lack of quality bigs we have.
    Last edited by tsubamoto2001; 12-06-2012 at 05:06 PM.

odd solution...

...so you don't like seeing the Monty arrogance discussion, so what do you to?

...start another one of course...

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaBear View Post

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Seems like Montgomery addressed the issue

and that Decuire's promotion paid immediate dividends with Cal getting commitments from Matthews, Bird, and Singer. We definitely size, and I would not be surprised to see Montgomery bring a couple of serviceable JC bigs into the program

Yes, Willie Beamon said it. You can go search thru his posts if you like, to find the exact phrase. Who is Willie Beamon? We don't know exactly. Some seem to think it's Marcus' brother. Whoever he is, he was apparently on the inside with Lee and was present when Monty came for the in-home visit.

My guess is they'd rather have been blown away by Cal enough to want to come here. Keep it local. They were possibly frustrated that a more attractive package (read: enthusiasm) didn't come their way. Thus the need to come here and defend the Kentucky decision, and insult the Cal approach. If that's the case, we both ended up missing out.

Perhaps a tinge of truth in that, mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    I think Cal should have been among the first schools to offer. It's not like we are Duke or Kentucky, where we can hop in on an elite kid's recruitment and jump to the top of the list. We still had a shot at the end, being the local school and all.

What I want to know is, who is doing the evaluations here? Monty offers Kaileb Rodriguez right after a mediocre junior season and Lee can't get an early offer after putting up video game numbers against better competition? No one is perfect, I guess, but it's frustrating seeing the lack of quality bigs we have.
    That was strange, but I am hoping that whatever was going on in our recruiting the last couple of years, like Monty's cancer scare, is in the past and that we have made the necessary corrections both in the staff and in our approach.

Unless you have been around him in a closed setting where he didn't have to put up a facade in public, don't question what I have witnessed with my own eyes. I'm not going to air his dirty laundry anonymously on a message board to prove anything to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Beamon View Post
    Unless you have been around him in a closed setting where he didn't have to put up a facade in public, don't question what I have witnessed with my own eyes. I'm not going to air his dirty laundry anonymously on a message board to prove anything to anybody.
    In other words

"Unless you've been inside his laundry room like I have and seen all the piles of dirty laundry, don't question all the dirty laundry I've seen and talked about. But, hey, I'm not going to air his dirty laundry to prove anything to anybody."

"Don't Question what I have witnessed with my own eyes" Really!?!? You must be really special. Monty's career speaks for itself. Some people like his personality and candor while others may not, but we'll question what we feel needs questioning here, thank you very much, Willie!

Why Bother with WB?

Again I ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by barabbas View Post
    "Don't Question what I have witnessed with my own eyes" Really!?!? You must be really special. Monty's career speaks for itself. Some people like his personality and candor while others may not, but we'll question what we feel needs questioning here, thank you very much, Willie!
    It is so funny to me how you blindly defend somebody whom none of you have had any personal interaction with just because he's the head coach at Cal. You take it as if I'm talking about a family member of yours. The people who like his personality and candor must not have influence over any big time players cause Cal isn't getting any. Jabari Bird is the only in the last 10 years and his dad recruited him, not the Cal staff in reality. That's a very dumb statement to make,his career speaks for itself. Has anybody ever heard me criticize his career ? Him being an a**hole has nothing to do with his career.

It is so funny to me how you blindly defend somebody whom none of you have had any personal interaction with just because he's the head coach at Cal. You take it as if I'm talking about a family member of yours. The people who like his personality and candor must not have influence over any big time players cause Cal isn't getting any. Jabari Bird is the only in the last 10 years and his dad recruited him, not the Cal staff in reality. That's a very dumb statement to make,his career speaks for itself. Has anybody ever heard me criticize his career ? Him being an a**hole has nothing to do with his career.
    I've met him. I don't know him, so my "personal interaction" has that limitation. I suspect yours does too.

I don't know you either, but he seemed like less of an asshole than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesaxe View Post
    I've met him. I don't know him, so my "personal interaction" has that limitation. I suspect yours does too.

I don't know you either, but he seemed like less of an asshole than you do.
    #micdrop