Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stallworth

Stallworth

http://espn.go.com/ncw/gamecast?gameId=323420096&version=mobile

Not sure how to create an active link for the write up but it looks like Stallworth is doing really well at KU. I'm glad things are working out for her so nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by 2TheHoop View Post
    Not sure how to create an active link for the write up but it looks like Stallworth is doing really well at KU. I'm glad things are working out for her so nicely.

Hopefully this link works. Think people are on Holiday or still getting over Duke's game to comment. Yes, DeNesha had a good game. I think she left because she wanted to go to a school more of a basketball environment. The women game is averaging almost 4,800 in home attendance!!

http://espn.go.com/ncw/gamecast?game...version=mobile

Why are we Talking About Stallworth?

She left the team. Don't care if it was her decision or her dad's or both. Don't care about players who leave Cal except for the ones who are loyal or have special circumstances that prevent them from completing their commitment to Cal. Stallworth big timed us, so to heck with her. My only wish regarding Stallworth is that the Bears get to play UK in the NCAA's and we beat them bad.

In case people around here haven't noticed, we have a team at Cal that is full of players worthy of our time and attention. There is good reason why they are ranked #11 and dropped only one spot in the polls after losing to Duke - they are talented and play a compelling brand of basketball. Let's talk about them.

Stallworth. Go Bears!

Not sure I would agree, GoCal. I'm kind of in the opposite boat: a former seven-year Cal athletics employee whose daughter wanted badly to play for the Bears and was recruited by them for a couple of years before being "dropped" by Cal and ultimately signing with another school.

By your logic, I should revile everything about the Bears and want to hear nothing about them until my kid's mid-major knocks Cal off in some future NCAA tournament . But I still have rooting interest since childhood and a curiosity about how things are going in Berkeley.

I'm sure some Cal fans have the same type of curiosity about former Bears currently donning another school's colors.

I think most of us here wish DeNesha well with future endeavors, but I must admit comments her father made in the Chronicle regarding the reasons for departure left a bad taste in my mouth. He dissed the school, the coach and the program in a manner that was unnecessary. Why say anything? We've had other players leave for various reasons without having to say negative things about the program. I don't recall Sherbert saying anything negative.

He (Stallworth) said he and his daughter thought former coach Joanne Boyle was "too laid-back."
    "A team is a reflection of its coach, and there was no fight in this team," he said.
    He also said Boyle didn't put his daughter "in position to succeed." DeNesha was one of the nation's top recruits out of Pinole Valley High School in 2009, but her scoring (13.3) and rebounding averages (6.4) last season didn't improve much from her freshman season (12.9 and 6.4).
    "She had a subpar year," her father said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article...#ixzz2EVlQPOS1
    I don't hold her departure against her, sometimes students are looking for a different experience, a better or a better "fit," but honestly, I think it's understandable why some of us don't feel much incentive to follow her career at Kentucky.
    Last edited by CalWBBFan; 12-08-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOCAL73 View Post
    She left the team. Don't care if it was her decision or her dad's or both. Don't care about players who leave Cal except for the ones who are loyal or have special circumstances that prevent them from completing their commitment to Cal. Stallworth big timed us, so to heck with her. My only wish regarding Stallworth is that the Bears get to play UK in the NCAA's and we beat them bad.

In case people around here haven't noticed, we have a team at Cal that is full of players worthy of our time and attention. There is good reason why they are ranked #11 and dropped only one spot in the polls after losing to Duke - they are talented and play a compelling brand of basketball. Let's talk about them.

Stallworth. Go Bears!
    I totally agree. And I will always root for whichever team is playing against those players who left us/chose a different school over CAL, (however if it was a former player playing againt Stanfurd, I couldn't choose the lesser of two "evils". To me- its like a relationship where if my spouse left me for someone else/for a
    better fit/etc I sure wouldn't be wishing them well.

Per Stallworth's dad's comments.... the denizens of this board couldn't have been happier when Boyle left. Pointing out her alleged shortcomings shouldn't be viewed as a sin in that light, maybe he helped her out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrain34 View Post
    Per Stallworth's dad's comments.... the denizens of this board couldn't have been happier when Boyle left. Pointing out her alleged shortcomings shouldn't be viewed as a sin in that light, maybe he helped her out the door.
    Well said! I can understand why she left (Stallworth). I also don't think the actual reason was really given rather just a general statement. You have to read through the lines. "Laid back" meaning she didn't have control over the direction the team was taking.
    Last edited by willtalk; 12-13-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Stallworth. Go Bears!
    If you knew Denesha, you wouldn't even ask this question. I sure hope I get the chance to say Hi after the game. She grew up a couple of miles from me and is one of the nicest people I've met in the game. I root for Casey Morris at Texas Tech too! Am I a bad guy?

Last edited by dfineguy; 12-15-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Stallworth. Go Bears!
    Exactly, this is about Cal, not Kentucky or things that don't pertain to the Bears!

Sorry I got you all so wound up. I am a season ticket holder to both Cal WBB and for Cal Football, a Triple Threat member and I work in the Richmond community. The headline I tried to repost about Stallworth was right next to the ESPN headline about Cal.

I am always more interested in the development of young people than the actual winning or if they happen to transfer (but I love winning too). Just like employment, it is sometimes best to change "scenery" and transfer for a better fit.. All has probably worked out for the best with our team and for Stallworth.

Go Bears!
    Last edited by 2TheHoop; 12-15-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Her pops was a trip on norcalpreps forum when she was at pv

Quote Originally Posted by bigcocoon007 View Post
    Her pops was a trip on norcalpreps forum when she was at pv
    Trip ?

I just want to tell all people that I enjoy posts about transfers, too. To those who don't, just don't read them, or go start another thread about your cal players so we can read that, too. It's ridiculous for you to suggest a person has vanished from existence if they transfer.