Thread: Northernwestern game is on 9am PT??

Northernwestern game is on 9am PT??

Why the heck is the game starting on a Monday at 9am PT (or 11CT)? I thought it was for TV purpose but it is not even listed on TV. 9am PT is ridiculous.

You should be thinking of the Northwestern fans.

This is a standard starting time back East for the first games of the day in football and college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    This is a standard starting time back East for the first games of the day in football and college basketball.
    Not sure what you mean. It's a Monday and football season is over except for bowl games. Looking at all previous games played only 1 other game at 11ct and the others all after 11am.

Got me then

They could be on winter break so it doesn't matter. Or maybe Cal basketball is scheduling the game . Like our originally scheduled St. Mary's game.

Northwestern's "Field Trip Day"

This is a special promotion by Northwestern for Chicago-area public schools, similar to one that we were trying to schedule for our St. Mary's game. I'm sure Gottlieb and the staff will thoroughly embrace this game as a dress rehearsal for the type of similarly inconvenient start times that we may face come NCAA tournament time.

Quote Originally Posted by WayneBear View Post
    This is a special promotion by Northwestern for Chicago-area public schools, similar to one that we were trying to schedule for our St. Mary's game. I'm sure Gottlieb and the staff will thoroughly embrace this game as a dress rehearsal for the type of similarly inconvenient start times that we may face come NCAA tournament time.
    Thanks. I actually heard it on the coaches corner tonight. Coach G mentioned it being for the school kids! Looks like they need it..their avg attendance for 6 games is 632.

Well, I'm taking the day off work and making the drive to Evanston with my daughter (2 1/2 hours each way). There will be others there from the Cal Alumni Club of Chicago.
    (Actually, I'm doing a conference call after the game. It was scheduled for tipoff and I had it moved till later).

Where are you driving from

My son lives in Chicago about 3 and 1/2 blocks from Wrigley Field. So Evanston isn't too far. He works and won't be able to go. But he will see a game here when he comes home for Christmas.

We're in Champaign. But have come up for Cal events in Chicago on several occasions. I drove to Dayton last Spring for that thing the men's team did. Drove to Columbus for that football game. Skipped Madison this year.

My nephew and sister graduated from University of Illinois

and they now live in Mattoon Ill. I'm not from Illinois but I have a lot of contact points. So from Mattoon up, I know the area pretty well.