Thread: Hi SR71 - another big HS tournament in SJ.

Hi SR71 - another big HS tournament in SJ.

This Saturday they will be having the presentation shootout in San Jose. Another chance to see some of the schools that were mentioned previously.

Presentation Shootout Dec. 15th

12pm Pinewood v. Soquel
    1:30pm SH Cathedral v. Scotts Valley
    3:00pm St. Ignatius v. Brookside Christian
    4:30pm Berkeley v. Eastside Prep
    6:00pm Presentation v. Lynbrook
    7:30pm Carondelet v. St. Mary's Berkeley

Basketball The nitecap is a dandy...

I know exactly the location of the all-girls Catholic school, Presentation. I just had some periodontal surgery (4 hours) last week. I'll see what I can do. I'm having a checkup tomorrow. GO BEARS!

Then St. Ignatious vs Brookside should be great

You can see the guard from Brookside plus they have a very good sophomore.

Basketball Pinewood

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/v_V...htm#home_stats

Pinewood has been a girl's powerhouse under Doc Scheppler except last season. Eackles & Seto, the dynamic guard combo, graduated. Well, guess what, their younger sisters have joined Pinewood this season. Eackles (frosh) & Seto (soph) are leading a young team (3-0) w/ one senior post (Mapa). Typical of past Pinewood teams, the team has no height. It's a guard-oriented affair that averages approximately 10 treys per game.

GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 12-11-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Have seen Pinewood play many times

and they are or were very good. Ackles graduated 2 years ago. I don't see her Pacific's roster. Has she transferred?

Anyhow, Brookside is every bit as good as last year they rotated 4 frosh and 3 soph's. Their coach is one of the best in Northern Cal. Tiarra Tucker is a stud. And the sophomore who is 6'1" (and I forget her name_) is pretty good too.

They should win the State the next two years in Division V to make it three in a row. Since they are from the Valley, you should go see them.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    and they are or were very good. Ackles graduated 2 years ago. I don't see her Pacific's roster. Has she transferred?
    No she is still there. She was injured early last year so she redshirted. This year she averages less than 5 minutes a game. UOP is actually deep in guards this year.

results

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    This Saturday they will be having the presentation shootout in San Jose. Another chance to see some of the schools that were mentioned previously.

Presentation Shootout Dec. 15th

12pm Pinewood v. Soquel -pinewood 51-49
    1:30pm SH Cathedral v. Scotts Valley [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]SHC wins[/COLOR]
    3:00pm St. Ignatius v. Brookside Christian [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]SI beat 66-38[/COLOR]
    4:30pm Berkeley v. Eastside Prep [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]ESP 53-42[/COLOR]
    6:00pm Presentation v. Lynbrook [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Lynbrook 41-37[/COLOR]
    7:30pm Carondelet v. St. Mary's Berkeley [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]C-let wins 70-64[/COLOR]
    Wasn't at the games but Brookside only played with 6 players and their star players didn't play. Coaches decision?

Berkeley, this looks to be a rebuilding season for them unless their are some transfers that will be eligible after semester break. Record drops to 1-2.

stats for the SMB vs C-let game. Romeo 4 3s. Speed and outside shooting just what the doctor order for the Bears. Anyone knows what schools (beside the Furds) she is interested in or leaning towards?

Presentation Shootout Carondelet 70, St. Mary's 64
    St. Mary's (5-1)
    Negron 1 0-0 3, Berry 4 0-0 9, Cowling 6 3-4 16, Serrell 1 0-0 2, Chinn 0 1-2 1, Goodwin 6 0-0 12, Green 10 0-2 21. Totals 28 4-8 64.
    Carondelet (3-0)
    Romeo 5 6-8 20, Nicolosi 9 0-0 18, Grupalo 3 0-0 7, Hughes 1 0-0 3, Harioka 1 2-2 5, Cast 4 1-2 12, Boucher 2 1-3 5. Totals 25 10-15 70.
    St. Mary's 21 9 11 23-- 64
    Carondelet 16 16 16 22-- 70
    3-point goals: Berry, Cowling, Green, Negron, Romeo 4, Cast 3, Grupalo, Harioka, Hughes.

Was surprised Carondolet beat St. Mary's

Thought it would be a rebuilding year. Have always like Romero. Thought she was be courted by OSU and Washington. Haven't hear Cal mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    Thought it would be a rebuilding year. Have always like Romero. Thought she was be courted by OSU and Washington. Haven't hear Cal mentioned.
    Not that surpised about c-let winning. They have good a excell coach and despite green in the back court who plays much in the front court, SMB is weak and short there! Even when Mosely become eligible she is more a forward too.