Thread: Anybody know the status of our transfer Kyra Dunn?

Active Bear

Anybody know the status of our transfer Kyra Dunn?

Will she be joining us this January for practices? And since she didnt play any games for Pitt, will she be cleared to play next fall or do we have to wait till next January to see her play?

Quote Originally Posted by BearPedz View Post
    Will she be joining us this January for practices? And since she didnt play any games for Pitt, will she be cleared to play next fall or do we have to wait till next January to see her play?
    On this earlier thread, it was speculated in late Dec-2013 (of course from our insiders, WVitbear & waynebear)

http://www.bearinsider.com/forums/sh...2000747&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by BearPedz View Post
    will she be cleared to play next fall or do we have to wait till next January to see her play?
    I heard from an authoritative source that if we should get a transfer, possibly from a school like Pitt, who might enroll at Cal in the spring of 2013, then she would be eligible to play beginning in the spring semester 2014, with 3 semesters of eligibility remaining.

off topic, but speaking of transfers...I'm curious if Huffman sticks around at Notre Dame. It was clearly going to be a steep climb to see the floor but I'd say she's gotten even less PT than expected so far. I imagine she'll at least give it another year. And even if she does transfer I don't get the impression she's automatically coming to Cal, but something to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    I heard from an authoritative source that if we should get a transfer, possibly from a school like Pitt, who might enroll at Cal in the spring of 2013, then she would be eligible to play beginning in the spring semester 2014, with 3 semesters of eligibility remaining.

Just to clarify, I said late December 2013 because the NCAA Compliance Manual says that a transfer has to complete one academic year (i.e. two full semesters at Cal) before being eligible to compete. It doesn't say anything about having to wait until the start of her 3rd semester before becoming eligible. So as I read it, Kyra would be eligible at the end of the fall 2013 semester (12/20/2013) and would not have to wait until the start of the spring 2014 semester (1/14/2014).

This may seem like nitpicking but since a large number of games can be played during the break between semesters (for example, this season we're playing 7 of our games during the semester break), I just wanted to make sure people understood which is the controlling date.

Yes, that's normal - eligible as soon as the last fall final is finished.