Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricky

That is a great picture. God Larry Bird looks young. I am getting SO old.....

Quote Originally Posted by BearyWhite View Post
    definitely agree. wallace seems like someone to watch; several intriguing flashes each game. ricky's good but seems closer to his ceiling. (and also has less years in which to develop)

ps thanks to the PA announcer I learned -- duh -- I was pronouncing kreklow wrong
    I can hardly hear the PA announcer: Is it NOT /krek lo/ ? Or does the last syllable rhyme with our football playin' Powe (not our basketball legend Powe)?

Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    I can hardly hear the PA announcer: Is it NOT /krek lo/ ? Or does the last syllable rhyme with our football playin' Powe (not our basketball legend Powe)?
    Per the Cal mbb information guide, it is pronounced "CRECK-lo"

Quote Originally Posted by BearyWhite View Post
    foot clearly bothering him, especially after a couple of impacts like when he jumped up high to get to an off-target kravish pass that ended up in the seats.
    Yeah, I saw that too and then he limped the rest of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by LOUMFSG2 View Post
    yeah I thought it was like.. "the creek is running low"

"krek-lo" = "CRECK-lo", right?

That would be the most logical pronunciation, I'm figuring. I'm wondering what BearyWhite had thought it might be...

Oops, nevermind, I just saw BW's post... "Creek (is) low"
    Last edited by Big C_Cal; 12-19-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    "krek-lo" = "CRECK-lo", right?

That would be the most logical pronunciation, I'm figuring. I'm wondering what BearyWhite had thought it might be...

Oops, nevermind, I just saw BW's post... "Creek (is) low"
    yeah there's not really a logical reason to assume it was kreek-low.. I did anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    Ricky's dad is #20 at the left in the back row.

So he must have an NBA ring as the '80-81 Celtics won the championship over the Rockets.

problem showed early

Quote Originally Posted by Looperbear View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too and then he limped the rest of the night.
    Watch Krecklow during warm-ups. See if he constantly tests his right foot as he did Tue. during the shoot-around,the pre-tip warm-ups and during his time on the floor. The high Krecklow pass made his favoring the foot more noticeable, but was not the first sign of the problem. Even in his current condition he is a real asset not only for his hustle, but as a potential perimeter threat. As his foot heals he should be able to move his feet more decisively on defense and stop reaching. Also expect to see him start driving the basket.

As for Wallace - As Monty said a few weeks ago "he is the real deal'" Though not a double-double, he had an equally strong game against Creighton - a quality opponent. He already is not reluctant to drive the basket.

For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Cool. Cornbread Maxwell #31. Great player.
    His stats are almost absurdly consistent:
    [URL="http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/maxece01.html"]

I haven't completely figured out how to link (I went to CAL.I really did) do your own dern search.

GO BEARS!!!!

I really like Wallace's game, but from the little I've seen so far this year, I think Ricky has the potential to be the inspirational leader of the team. He has a little Jorge in him, a bit of grit and determination, and with this team, I think that is very important. Unfortunately, I think the injury took a little of that away last night, but I think just seeing him play through pain can be inspiring. Hopefully, he gets to the point where he can be himself on the court, because I think the team will need what he has to offer.
    Ricky's poise and energy are contagious-the team played at a higher level and pace when he was in the game. He has exceptional leadership skills and was directing teammates into the proper spots on both offense and defense while he was in the game.

It was obvious that his foot was bothering him, and he was hobbling noticeably during a timeout with about 3 minutes left in the game. When he wasn't in the game, Ricky was on the stationary bike with two trainers attending to him. The trainers seemed pretty pleased with Ricky's condition as they congratulated him each time he returned to the bike.

Ricky (and Wallace) will be very good and beloved players in Berkeley.

Quote Originally Posted by elderbear View Post
    Watch Krecklow during warm-ups. See if he constantly tests his right foot as he did Tue. during the shoot-around,the pre-tip warm-ups and during his time on the floor. The high Krecklow pass made his favoring the foot more noticeable, but was not the first sign of the problem. Even in his current condition he is a real asset not only for his hustle, but as a potential perimeter threat. As his foot heals he should be able to move his feet more decisively on defense and stop reaching. Also expect to see him start driving the basket.

As for Wallace - As Monty said a few weeks ago "he is the real deal'" Though not a double-double, he had an equally strong game against Creighton - a quality opponent. He already is not reluctant to drive the basket.
    Agreed, Ricky's got a great hoops iq, really understands the game. And I love what I'm seeing from Wallace.

Kreklow as in deck low

I thought of it as creek too.
    Then I asked someone who really knows and got the correct pronunciation.
    Last edited by oskigobears; 12-20-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Cool. Cornbread Maxwell #31. Great player.
    Now, THAT'S a great nickname. Made ESPN's All-Grain team.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5481626

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    Here is a sacrilegious reflection after all the love Ricky gets on this board: Wallace seems like he has more upside to me than Ricky. I like both players, however.
    Kreklow is two years older, with a year of college experience. Kreklow does everything well and plays really hard. Hes a better shot, better defender, and better passer for assists. Kreklow will get plenty of rebounds, but Wallace is longer, and will probably turn out to be a great rebounding guard. Wallace is more athletic and maybe can finish better inside. He needs to work on outside shooting, defense and passing. He is terrific for a freshman. Kreklow is injured, and in that sense Wallace has more value at present.

They play different positions. Wallace is more of a point, but can play the 2 and 3. Kreklow is more of a 2 or 3, but probably could play point. It will all depend on matchups who plays where.

Montgomery loves having both of these players, you can bet on that, and this team would be much farther along, had not Ricky gotten injured.