Thread: A Cal Fan's Notes/Life In Section CC

Active Bear

A Cal Fan's Notes/Life In Section CC

We are invited to meet Coach Sonny Dykes tomorrow night. We are energized and full of hopeful anticipation.

I offer this up as a "hint" of what makes Cal fans different, and what any new coach might want to keep in mind when trying to understand what makes (some of us) tick

http://calfannotes.jeffwarren.com/20...on-cc.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by JeffEarlWarren View Post
    We are invited to meet Coach Sonny Dykes tomorrow night. We are energized and full of hopeful anticipation.

I offer this up as a "hint" of what makes Cal fans different, and what any new coach might want to keep in mind when trying to understand what makes (some of us) tick

http://calfannotes.jeffwarren.com/20...on-cc.html?m=1
    thanks, Jeff. Keep these coming. And by all means, welcome the new guy to the Cal family, get him up to speed on the traditions, and come the Northwestern game I'll jump up in my seat in HH and toast you all w/ a hearty 'Go Bears!'

Active Bear

Will Do

Quote Originally Posted by OldenBear View Post
    thanks, Jeff. Keep these coming. And by all means, welcome the new guy to the Cal family, get him up to speed on the traditions, and come the Northwestern game I'll jump up in my seat in HH and toast you all w/ a hearty 'Go Bears!'

Will Do. And I hear he's been to the Napa Valley, so I think I'll bring him some Cab for good luck. Merry Christmas and GB, J

"Under the benches is the world’s longest slide--designed that garbage, bottles, cans, bag lunches et all, can be dropped from one’s hand, and then slide some fifty rows down where a wire screen catches the debris and holds it for the garbage man’s pick up after the game."

second, to the laundry chutes, perhaps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exlj-628saU

Last edited by prospeCt; 12-22-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Active Bear

Too funny.

yes, we used to slide down those as well. Tales of a misspent youth. Did meet Coach Dykes on Thursday. Too impressive for words. His entire staff addressed a group of Alumni football players (of which, I was no doubt the worst) and he wowwed us all. GB, J

Quote Originally Posted by JeffEarlWarren View Post
    yes, we used to slide down those as well. Tales of a misspent youth. Did meet Coach Dykes on Thursday. Too impressive for words. His entire staff addressed a group of Alumni football players (of which, I was no doubt the worst) and he wowwed us all. GB, J
    Thanks for the update, Jeff...looking forward to Cal Football being fun again! Go Bears!

Active Bear

In my ignorance Cal will be fun again

Quote Originally Posted by Cal79 View Post
    Thanks for the update, Jeff...looking forward to Cal Football being fun again! Go Bears!
    In my ignorance Cal will be fun again. After having met Coach dykes, I can guarantee you Cal football will be fun again. We may win lots of games, or we may not. I have no clue. But I promise you we will be fun to watch and we will never again play "small" against Stanfod State

Real Bear

Once again

Thanks for contributing again Jeff. I always appreciate your sharing your thoughts.

Active Bear

Thanks Jeff

We drove past the Earl Warren SB County Fairgrounds today on the way to Mrs. 86's parents house... Go Bears!

+1

Active Bear

Glad it made some sense--at least to you

Quote Originally Posted by brobrobro View Post
    +1
    In my ignorance Cal will be fun again

Active Bear

The story is true

Quote Originally Posted by TomBear View Post
    Thanks for contributing again Jeff. I always appreciate your sharing your thoughts.
    Thanks for the kind words. What no one gets is that all these stories are true.