Thread: Is Monty keeping his eye on New Jersey?

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Chelsea Drugstore, standing in line with Mr. Jimmy

Is Monty keeping his eye on New Jersey?

Loyal Bear
    It wants Log In.
    Thus, a dead link.

Got in without a problem.

Loyal Bear
    As to Monty's keeping an eye on NJ, it raises the issue of the Cal recruiting budget.

What do we know about it and how does it rate within conference and nationally?

True Blue Golden Bear
    One thing we know, Monty Jr's European recruiting mission must have cost a pretty penny unless he stayed with friends or in hostels. Hopefully, Eleraki shows-up in Berkeley as a 2014 JC transfer.

Loyal Bear
    Okay, new computer, link okay.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong but this is a regional story of high school basketball in the NY NJ metro city area, and not really anything to do with recruiting at Cal. I would expect Monty to ignore this market as I really could never see any kids portrayed in this story remotely considering Cal.

Uh, I think it would behoove Monty to start landing kids from the Bay Area before he even thinks about New Jersey. Just a suggestion...

Loyal Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    One thing we know, Monty Jr's European recruiting mission must have cost a pretty penny unless he stayed with friends or in hostels. Hopefully, Eleraki shows-up in Berkeley as a 2014 JC transfer.
    I would NOT characterize the Europe trip as primarily a recruiting mission, rather a chance to get your team some extra on-court experience as well as overseas (cultural/educational/fun) experience. If you make any recruiting connections while over there, all the better.

The NCAA allows these types of trips every 4 or 5 years, right? So, take advantage to get your team better prepared for the upcoming season - that's the big bonus to the trip! Not recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    I would NOT characterize the Europe trip as primarily a recruiting mission, rather a chance to get your team some extra on-court experience as well as overseas (cultural/educational/fun) experience. If you make any recruiting connections while over there, all the better.

The NCAA allows these types of trips every 4 or 5 years, right? So, take advantage to get your team better prepared for the upcoming season - that's the big bonus to the trip! Not recruiting.
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about Monty Jr's recruiting trip last summer, not the team's trip 2 summers ago.