Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bigelow for Heisman

Bigelow for Heisman

In order to get him in contention, we need to start the campaign as soon as possible.

I really don't think there is anyone out there better than him next year. Ok sure, Manziel, but I doubt he will win the award unless he puts better numbers than last year which might be hard to top. Marquis Lee won't have Barkley. Chip Kelly will be gone do Oregon won't have anyone. I see a clear path for the heisman for bigelow.

Who's with me????

Let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by tommie317 View Post

....Who's with me????

This guy? Earliest Heisman Campaign ever.

JB4Heisman was the perfect headline a few years back.

I miss Jahvid.

Cool it on the Bigelow talk...maybe in 14, if he returns.

In order to get him in contention, we need to start the campaign as soon as possible.

I really don't think there is anyone out there better than him next year. Ok sure, Manziel, but I doubt he will win the award unless he puts better numbers than last year which might be hard to top. Marquis Lee won't have Barkley. Chip Kelly will be gone do Oregon won't have anyone. I see a clear path for the heisman for bigelow.

Who's with me????

Let's go!
    I would love to see Bigelow up there, which would mean we have a big offensive breakthrough. But our schedule is pretty tough. And there's a long list of "favorites" already in line....

Johnny Manziel
    Collin Klein
    Manti Te'o
    Marquise Lee
    Kenjon Barner / De'Anthony Thomas / Marcus Mariota
    Braxton Miller
    AJ McCarron
    Tajh Boyd

Te'o is graduating. Klein is too, I believe.
    Last edited by BlueAndGold; 12-21-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Bigelow will need to improve his Blocking in the new....

Who's with me????

Let's go!
    offense. Also be good if he improved on his ball security. We have yet to see what he can do with multiple touches in a game. Premature campaign in my opinion..............

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Can we revisit this topic next October?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    Can we revisit this topic next October?
    hahaha nope. some posters here think they know the results months before anything happens. they're all freakin psychics

Quote Originally Posted by dinan3 View Post
    offense. Also be good if he improved on his ball security. We have yet to see what he can do with multiple touches in a game. Premature campaign in my opinion..............
    Not only premature but downright silly at this point.
    Bigelow needs to prove to Dykes that he can play within the system and he, along with everyone else, will be evaluated on a daily basis.
    And fumbling will earn him bench time.
    Hanging onto the ball every time he touches it is crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndGold View Post
    You are correct. My mistake.... Nonetheless, I don't see "a clear path for the Heisman for Bigelow". Plenty of studs out there besides Bigs (including those who are actually starters)!

Helmet Kenyon Barner is a senior, too!

Bigelow has not proven durable for 25-30 touches per game that it would take to be in contention for the Heisman. He has also fumbled too often.
    Please let him split the running duties with Lasco next season before discussing him as a viable candidate. GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ _____
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndGold View Post

This thread is more premature than a virgin on prom night.

But should he also get the Rose Bowl MVP to go along with it?

Bigelow's Heisman chances have more to do with Cal being ranked highly at the end of the season than anything else.

If Cal is 7-5 next year then no one from Cal will get consideration for the H.

Here's some questions answered for those posters who do not want Bigelow for Heisman:

Question: Is being able to block a requirement for a Heisman?
    Answer: No, unless you are an offensive lineman,

Question: Is Bigelow durable?
    Answer: How do we know if he is or isn't? Tedford/Gould kept benching him after he scores a touchdown. He hasn't gotten injured the past 2+ years.

Question: Can he be a starter?
    Answer: If you let him start, then he can be a starter.

Question: Can you get a heisman if you fumble too much?
    Anwwer: Fumbles lost by individuals is actually not a stat that is tracked very much. don't believe it? check out these links and tell me where fumbles lost is tracked:
    http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...ndividual/1001
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...ge/mark-ingram
    http://pac-12.com/Sports/Football/Statistics.aspx
    So I would say no, it is not factor, if they don't even count them.

Question: How can Bigelow win Heisman if there are so many contenders?
    Answer: I'm not saying he's necessary going to win, he just needs to be nominated. For the contenders listed, I see that there's not much competition:
    Johnny Manziel <--- hard to match last year's numbers, I think if he doesn't top last year's numbers, he won't get as many votes
    Collin Klein <--graduated
    Manti Te'o <--graduated, plus Defensive players never win ayways
    Marquise Lee <--no barkley
    Kenjon Barner / De'Anthony Thomas / Marcus Mariota <--probably no chip
    Braxton Miller <--who?
    AJ McCarron <-- who?
    Tajh Boyd <-- who?

If Bigelow does win Heisman, you know who started the campaign. It's now on official BI record.
    Last edited by tommie317; 12-21-2012 at 03:46 PM.