Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bigelow for Heisman

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by CalBearinLA View Post
    hahaha nope. some posters here think they know the results months before anything happens. they're all freakin psychics
    I remember when someone said Moala was going to be an NFL Hall of Famer!

Quote Originally Posted by tommie317 View Post

Marquise Lee <--no barkley
    Kenjon Barner / De'Anthony Thomas / Marcus Mariota <--probably no chip
    Braxton Miller <--who?

agree with most ur points...except....i don't think Marquise lee needs barkley to be good. Barkley is overrated. Marquise lee still had 5 catches for 75 yards with Wittek at QB. as long as u have a WR that can make circus plays and have the speed to outrun any secondary, he can make any QB look good.

Braxton Miller...definitely not a "who?". Ohio state went undefeated this year...even if ppl will attribute that to Urban, braxton still puts up legit stats. Look at his play against us (even though it's not saying too much) 249 passing, 4 TDs, 75 yards rushing, 1 TD.

I still have my "Marshawn for Heisman" T-shirt..stored neatly below the "Booya" one...Ebay??

Quote Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
    I still have my "Marshawn for Heisman" T-shirt..stored neatly below the "Booya" one...Ebay??
    Back in '75, Muncie was clearly deserving ... but he was from Hippie U.
    Archie Griffin got another Heisman.

The football 'experts' from east of the Rockies are unlikely to vote for any Cal player. Televised night games start long after most of those geezers have passed out or gone to bed.

Here's some questions answered for those posters who do not want Bigelow for Heisman:

Question: Can you get a heisman if you fumble too much?
    Anwwer: Fumbles lost by individuals is actually not a stat that is tracked very much. don't believe it? check out these links and tell me where fumbles lost is tracked:
    uh ... Mr. Dykes will indeed be keeping track of fumbles, whether recovered or lost. He values possession rather highly and doesn't care much for guys who can't protect the ball.

And just because posters view this thread rationally rather than , does NOT mean that they don't want Bigelow for a Heisman.

Bigelow is gonna have to beat out this big-headed ex-Oregon RB:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...n-heisman-2013

True Blue Golden Bear ColoradoBear1's Avatar

Who's with me????

Let's go!
    If you have 100k to blow on a Biegolw billboard in Times Square, I'm with you (in every way but the money).

Loyal Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    If you have 100k to blow on a Biegolw billboard in Times Square, I'm with you (in every way but the money).
    Please check time square daily until the heisman is announced. Should be up there any day now...

Here's some questions answered for those posters who do not want Bigelow for Heisman:

Question: Is being able to block a requirement for a Heisman?
    Answer: No, unless you are an offensive lineman,

Question: Is Bigelow durable?
    Answer: How do we know if he is or isn't? Tedford/Gould kept benching him after he scores a touchdown. He hasn't gotten injured the past 2+ years.

Question: Can he be a starter?
    Answer: If you let him start, then he can be a starter.

Question: Can you get a heisman if you fumble too much?
    Anwwer: Fumbles lost by individuals is actually not a stat that is tracked very much. don't believe it? check out these links and tell me where fumbles lost is tracked:
    http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...ndividual/1001
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...ge/mark-ingram
    http://pac-12.com/Sports/Football/Statistics.aspx
    So I would say no, it is not factor, if they don't even count them.

Question: How can Bigelow win Heisman if there are so many contenders?
    Answer: I'm not saying he's necessary going to win, he just needs to be nominated. For the contenders listed, I see that there's not much competition:
    Johnny Manziel <--- hard to match last year's numbers, I think if he doesn't top last year's numbers, he won't get as many votes
    Collin Klein <--graduated
    Manti Te'o <--graduated, plus Defensive players never win ayways
    Marquise Lee <--no barkley
    Kenjon Barner / De'Anthony Thomas / Marcus Mariota <--probably no chip
    Braxton Miller <--who?
    AJ McCarron <-- who?
    Tajh Boyd <-- who?

If Bigelow does win Heisman, you know who started the campaign. It's now on official BI record.
    Marqise Lee is going to be a beast regardless. Likely the top receiver off the board, and has better odds than a Bigelow who no one has even seen in a starting capacity.
    Barner/DAT/Mariota will be in the same system. Helfrich is the heir to the Kelly throne.
    Braxton Miller is a legit candidate. QB from OSU.
    Boyd/McCarron are less likely, I agree.

But really, Bigelow is about as good of a candidate as TJ Yeldon is right now.

I thought Barner was entering the draft... Anyways Bigelow will start to get some H love if he puts up big numbers against tOSU... He has the potential but we'll see

Active Bear
    Too much negative, defeatist attitute here......Muncie was 2nd, came on like gangbusters. He was better than Griffin, but Griffin had already won the year before; therefore, was well know by everybody, not so with Muncie. There may be somewhat of an eastern bias, but that can be overcome. Muncie did not lose because he was from "Hippie U" as you put it. Might be nit-picking, but I just don't like to see negative stereotyping reinforced or used as an excuse. Go Bears!

Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ferCALgm2 View Post
    But should he also get the Rose Bowl MVP to go along with it?
    It might be hard for Bigelow to get the Rose Bowl MVP trophy if and when we're playing in the NCG instead.

Most heisman marketing campaigns are launched before October. If you want to be able to tell recruits you can win an H at Cal....

Along the same lines...I hope sonny puts the stats back up on the board. I luv team unity but depriving fans of info is weak.

We'd need to win at least 9 regular season games for Bigelow to even have a shot. Not going to happen with a rookie HC and the schedule we have...

You have to hold onto the ball in order to win the heisman. The trophy has the guy actually holding onto the ball.