Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oregon's Fiesta Bowl Unis

Quote Originally Posted by Our Domicile View Post
    Those must be Nike's "We haven't screwed these ones up" simple, fundamental, very minimalist Design.

I would rather have the shoulder numbers dropped to the side of the shoulder like Michigan (instead of on top), but Minnesota does look pretty good.

The Matte (flat) paint job on the helmet helps out a lot, too. Contrary to belief, a school doesn't need Nike's permission to customize their team's helmet.
    I don't know, something about the matte helmets never sits right with me. They always tend to look darker, but it could just be that the vast majority of helmets are that semi-gloss look so having something different seems off.

Quote Originally Posted by BAyers3 View Post
    I don't know, something about the matte helmets never sits right with me. They always tend to look darker, but it could just be that the vast majority of helmets are that semi-gloss look so having something different seems off.

Some people have noticed a slight greenish-tint to Cal's semi-gloss helmet so we can't even get that finish 100% right. At first I thought it was their imagination, but then I started noticing it at times too.

Matte (flat color) helmets are hard to screw up color-wise and Cal's Yale Blue would be nice with a matte-finish. Utah State has a similar Blue and their matte-finish helmets look very, very good. To be honest, it's looks "tougher".

I think the current and future Cal Players would dig them. Chrome wouldn't work with Blue and Gold (yellow) so Matte is the only (and safest) way to make a change for the better. It's a new Era after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Our Domicile View Post
    Some people have noticed a slight greenish-tint to Cal's semi-gloss helmet so we can't even get that finish 100% right. At first I thought it was their imagination, but then I started noticing it at times too.

Matte (flat color) helmets are hard to screw up color-wise and Cal's Yale Blue would be nice with a matte-finish. Utah State has a similar Blue and their matte-finish helmets look very, very good. To be honest, it's looks "tougher".

I think the current and future Cal Players would dig them. Chrome wouldn't work with Blue and Gold (yellow) so Matte is the only (and safest) way to make a change for the better. It's a new Era after all.
    If we went to some kind of chrome/high gloss helmets I think I would completely lose it. I would take a matte version of the solid blue with just the Cal script over the current versions any day.

Active Bear
    Money doesn't equal taste. This uniform, as most of Nike U's, is a joke. On my wife, maybe hot. But that is clearly TMI.

2013 is going to be amazing.

Looks amazing

Active Bear
    All I ask is to get rid of that ugly stripe on the helmet. A yellow streak is never a good thing for a football team.