Took a quick look at the BCS Championship Game tix - Stubhub, and saw that the least expensive tickets available (as of this week, maybe they'll drop in price over the next couple of weeks) were $1000 Standing Room Only tickets. Having a friend who is a ND alum, donor, and decently connected, but unable to get tickets through their athletic ticket office (think the number was about 8,000 tickets available to ND ticket holders, max of two per account), got me to thinking:
- On that glorious Jan 1 day that is coming soon, what do you think Rose Bowl tickets will be going for through the available sources?
- What amount would you pay for a seat in Pasadena to hoist a shot of Tequila with Joe Kapp?
Given that the allocation numbers for the RB will likely be along the lines of what my Notre Dame friend experienced, the question is worth some consideration - if the Cal allotment is ~8,000 tickets, the ATO tickets would be gone long before the demand was satisfied. Assuming this is not the NC game, I would expect the cost to be significantly lower than that for a NC game, but am not sure what the tickets would sell for - in 2012 dollars, mind you. As for myself, I'm thinking the following about my own thresholds:
- $300 to $500? (about the current price for Fiesta Bowl seats on line), Yes - I'd be shelling out
- $750 to $1000? Yes - would pause for a bit, but would go ahead if that was the only option
- $1500 to $2000? depends upon the amount of alcohol consumed before going onto StubHub
- $3000 - not sure there is enough alcohol available to persuade me at this level ...
Other thoughts, options, opinions??