Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricky not suited up

Ricky not suited up

Hope it's just precautionary

Best two drive and finishes I've seen by Crabbe

Smith down after hard foul

Coaching staff deliberately resting him so he will heal more completely.
    Go Bears!

Smith has a concussion.
    Go Bears!

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection. Send my credentials to the house of detention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bear View Post
    Coaching staff deliberately resting him so he will heal more completely.
    Go Bears!
    That only happens if he sits the season and even then that's a maybe. Those feet--they never seem to get right. We do need him. Maybe he goes all Dick Butkus playing a season on a broken leg mode. After the game a nice jacuzzi, and some vicodin with a few whiskey chasers (see Nick Nolte in Dallas North Forty)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bear View Post
    Smith has a concussion.
    That sucks! Too many of those can be serious. Let's hope this one isn't.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection. Send my credentials to the house of detention.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    That sucks! Too many of those can be serious. Let's hope this one isn't.
    I am getting the drift that Monty is old school when it comes to coach compassion for player injuries. A couple of games back in the post game interview he basically said Ricky needs to sack up and play with pain (he couched it in terms of the doctors said it will be painful to play but not worsen his condition). In today's post game interview he said words to the effect that "gee, in the old days they didn't call it a concussion every time you hit your head on the floor. Last time Brandon was out for a long time with a concussion and we can't afford to have another guard down.") If the NFL has taught us anything it is that old school thought on dealing with injuries is hazardous to the player's health. When I was young it was considered a concussion when you didn't know where you were or how you got there and had memory loss. I had two concussions and I was major out to lunch each time.
    Last edited by bearister; 12-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Monty has always had a dry sense of humor...give him a break, before you convict him of player abuse. Oh, I forgot, this is Berkeley. Guilty until proven innocent.

I didn't get that at ALL from the video of the presser. He said Brandon had a concussion and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch View Post
    Monty has always had a dry sense of humor...give him a break, before you convict him of player abuse. Oh, I forgot, this is Berkeley. Guilty until proven innocent.
    I am a huge Monty fan. But I am street smart and sophisticated. He was not being humorous. Don't patronize me. Next time I need any sh*t from you I'll squeeze your head.

I think Monty figured (correctly) that he would not need Ricky today. So he rested him.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    I didn't get that at ALL from the video of the presser. He said Brandon had a concussion and left it at that.
    On the interview on 910 am he said what I reported. I was on my way home at the corner of Claremont and Ashby when he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    Best two drive and finishes I've seen by Crabbe
    HD, agree. Allen's offense is getting better, though we will need to see him do this in conference, against better defense.

Still, what he showed in this game was really encouraging.

Go Bears!

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by south bender View Post
    HD, agree. Allen's offense is getting better, though we will need to see him do this in conference, against better defense.

Still, what he showed in this game was really encouraging.

Go Bears!
    Theo no doubt has been helping him. Theo basically had a perimeter game his freshman year (not that he had was called to do more than that) which by junior/senior year was the only one on our team that would take his man off the dribble into the paint.