Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petersen, BSU vs UW

Petersen, BSU vs UW

Interesting, down 2, 3 and long in the red zone, Petersen calls a run to setup for the FG instead of taking another shot at the end zone.

Suck it, U-Dub.

what was that, ESPN? National championship contenders next season? no way.
    Last edited by CalBearinLA; 12-22-2012 at 02:57 PM.

7-6. Is next season Sarkisian's last chance? For what they're paying that coaching staff, it should be.

I hope Sonny tears these puppies apart.

Bow down to uw!!!!

The annual off season champs!!!!

Sark—just good enough to stay employed. Would UW fire a coach who is now consistently taking them to bowl games? That would be a shame.

It sure would be interesting if CP goes to UO. BSU can pick off Pac12 teams if they only play one a season. Nine P12 games is much different.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBear View Post
    Interesting, down 2, 3 and long in the red zone, Petersen calls a run to setup for the FG instead of taking another shot at the end zone.
    He forced UW to burn a timeout as he did on first down. I guess that was the thinking. If he had run on second down as well, UW would have been out of timeouts when they got the ball back. Nice to see a Boise kicker hit a fg in the clutch.

LOL...Sark and Tosh go down in flames....hey Chris, it's still not too late to give Cal a call. We've got one coaching spot open still......

Quote Originally Posted by tactiCAL View Post
    F U mutts! suck it tosh.

Sark Head coaching record
    Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
    Washington Huskies (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–present)
    2009 Washington 5–7 4–5 7th
    2010 Washington 7–6 5–4 T–3rd W Holiday
    2011 Washington 7–6 5–4 3rd (North) L Alamo
    2012 Washington 7–6 5–4 4th (North) L Maaco
    Washington: 26–25 19–17
    Total: 26–25 >>>>>>>>>Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by slotright20 View Post
    He forced UW to burn a timeout as he did on first down. I guess that was the thinking. If he had run on second down as well, UW would have been out of timeouts when they got the ball back. Nice to see a Boise kicker hit a fg in the clutch.
    I think the point was that when we do that everyone here goes apeshit.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBear View Post
    The call seems far more defensible when down 2 than when up 3. The difference between margins of -2/-1 and +1/2 is far greater than the difference between margins of +3 and +6 when it comes to maximizing your chances of winning late in the game. Not saying I agree with Petersen's call, but it probably wasn't horrible.

As for UW, start getting used to it puppies...

Being a bit harsh on Washington for losing by 2 points to the 19/20 rated team.
    Fortunately Cal didn't have to play Boise state.

Quote Originally Posted by boredom View Post
    I think the point was that when we do that everyone here goes apeshit.
    Yeah, but when Tedford calls plays like that it occurs in the context of poor play calling and coaching mistakes over the course of four quarters.

Tedford ain't no Petersen.