Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Petersen, BSU vs UW

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by edg64 View Post
    Fortunately Cal didn't have to play Boise state.
    Still not a reason to stop gloating over Washington's loss or Tosh's demise!

    Nice defense, UW!

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post


    Sark Head coaching record
    Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
    Washington Huskies (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–present)
    2009 Washington 5–7 4–5 7th
    2010 Washington 7–6 5–4 T–3rd W Holiday
    2011 Washington 7–6 5–4 3rd (North) L Alamo
    2012 Washington 7–6 5–4 4th (North) L Maaco
    Washington: 26–25 19–17
    Total: 26–25 >>>>>>>>>Winning!
    It kind of dawned on me that we/JT/Cal have almost single-handedly kept Sark in business, he probably would have been fired had we beaten them the last three years, 3 straight losing seasons would have done him in.

  3. #18
    Down go the Fuskies!

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post


    Sark Head coaching record
    Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
    Washington Huskies (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–present)
    2009 Washington 5–7 4–5 7th
    2010 Washington 7–6 5–4 T–3rd W Holiday
    2011 Washington 7–6 5–4 3rd (North) L Alamo
    2012 Washington 7–6 5–4 4th (North) L Maaco
    Washington: 26–25 19–17
    Total: 26–25 >>>>>>>>>Winning!
    Sark .... building a juggernaut of MEDIOCRITY since 2009 !! Very Tedfordian, except for JT's flirtations with BCS level teams.

    Last edited by Ukrainian; 12-22-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: sp

  5. #20

    This is a national contender next year?

    yet another bunch of sports writers who have their heads up their butts.

  6. #21
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,997
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoBear View Post
    Interesting, down 2, 3 and long in the red zone, Petersen calls a run to setup for the FG instead of taking another shot at the end zone.
    Our situations are usually 4th and short from a really far FGA distance (e.g. the tOSU game, D'Amato missed two badly from around there, esp. the right hash mark, which is a critical factor, plus there's like 3-4 minutes left; similar to situation with 2 FGAs by Giorgio @Arizona in 2010), or where a FG doesn't shut the door (we're up 3, kick a field goal v. Furd to allow Furd to possibly win it with a TD, had we missed, a FG merely ties anyway).

    In Boise's situation, with 3rd and long being a low percentage thing, setting up a better field goal attempt, to take the lead with like a minute left, is a much better choice than the previous JT scenarios. There are nuances and JT never seemed to understand them.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukrainian View Post
    Sark .... building a juggernaut of MEDIOCRITY since 2009 !! Very Tedfordian, except for JT's flirtations with BCS level teams.

    I have heard that Sark has the state of Alaska and the Yukon Territory recruiting all to himself.

  8. #23
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,997
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchedTheAxeIn82 View Post
    Sark—just good enough to stay employed. Would UW fire a coach who is now consistently taking them to bowl games? That would be a shame.
    Woof! Woof! Woof!

  9. #24
    Loyal Bear Cal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bay Area
    Posts
    3,307
    I didn't see anything special about UW D's. BSU has averaged about 30 points a game, and that's about what they got today (28)...

    And that said, a slightly better than average Pac-12 team gave BSU all they could handle.
    The University of California - One of the finest universities in the world, is the oldest public university in our great state with origins dating back to 1855, and university status granted in 1868. Go Bears!

  10. #25
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal89 View Post
    I didn't see anything special about UW D's. BSU has averaged about 30 points a game, and that's about what they got today (28)...

    And that said, a slightly better than average Pac-12 team gave BSU all they could handle.
    They basically struggled against us -- that shows us how good they are. Way to go Sark! Woof! Woof! Woof!

  11. #26
    Loyal Bear Cal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bay Area
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    They basically struggled against us -- that shows us how good they are. Way to go Sark! Woof! Woof! Woof!
    A winnable game for us, despite how bad we were... So frustrating.

    All that said, UW seems fairly young, especially on the D line, so one would tend to expect further improvement next year (last year's D was pretty bad)...
    The University of California - One of the finest universities in the world, is the oldest public university in our great state with origins dating back to 1855, and university status granted in 1868. Go Bears!

  12. #27
    Everybody should check out Dawgman forums for amusement. Oregon fans are piling it on the Husky fans...and the husky fans aren't even putting up a fight

  13. #28
    Active Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by OskiMD View Post
    Yeah, but when Tedford calls plays like that it occurs in the context of poor play calling and coaching mistakes over the course of four quarters.

    Tedford ain't no Petersen.
    Petersen is vastly over-rated. Glad we didn't end up with him!

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchedTheAxeIn82 View Post
    Sark—just good enough to stay employed. Would UW fire a coach who is now consistently taking them to bowl games? That would be a shame.
    They fired Jim Lambright who bled purple from the time he was a player, through long-term DC, then HC after James slithered away. Lambo had a decent record as HC but still got canned.

  15. #30
    Here's the fuskies victory dance after their field goal to take the lead, hmm 5 minutes left in the game,
    a little premature, eh what......

    http://cjzero.com/gifs/HuskiesDanceOne.gif
    Last edited by JerseyBear; 12-23-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •