Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 93

Thread: OT: Warriors vs Lakers

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by soefeil View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick it just doesn't make sense that you semi follow the NBA and have never heard of the guy. He played for the Knicks and got plenty of coverage then. I was just shocked
    Maybe if he played in the playoffs.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    Maybe if he played in the playoffs.
    I guess after this season you will know who he and the rest of the Warriors are.

  3. #33
    We'll see if you guys don't choke down the stretch like last night.

  4. #34
    True Blue Golden Bear sycasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    11,966
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    I watch about half of the laker games a year plus the marquee games. I've never heard of David Lee.
    Sounds like a Laker fan, all right.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    We'll see if you guys don't choke down the stretch like last night.
    So admittedly you're an uneducated bandwagon fan that only follow your team closely during the playoffs, am I right? Sorry you can't be respected as a basketball fan, and certainly not privileged to act snobby around educated W fans.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoozerBear View Post
    So admittedly you're an uneducated bandwagon fan that only follow your team closely during the playoffs, am I right? Sorry you can't be respected as a basketball fan, and certainly not privileged to act snobby around educated W fans.
    Been watching the Lake show since 6th grade when Nick the quick was running the show. Certainly don't need the respect of a ( lol) Warriors fan.

  7. #37
    True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Island of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,887
    Hey guys, how about a peace treaty for a few days? Christmas and all?

    Signed,

    Proud Nor Cal Lakers hating Bear.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    Been watching the Lake show since 6th grade when Nick the quick was running the show. Certainly don't need the respect of a ( lol) Warriors fan.
    I really liked those Dell Harris teams w/ NVE, Eddie Jones, Club Ced, Elden Campbell, Vlade.

    Was fun watching NVE go mano y mano w/ Tim Hardaway

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by soefeil View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick it just doesn't make sense that you semi follow the NBA and have never heard of the guy. He played for the Knicks and got plenty of coverage then. I was just shocked
    Any even half way serious nba/ college fan would know Lee from Florida even. You are right to be surprised.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by rathokan View Post
    I really liked those Dell Harris teams w/ NVE, Eddie Jones, Club Ced, Elden Campbell, Vlade.

    Was fun watching NVE go mano y mano w/ Tim Hardaway
    I enjoyed those teams much more than the ones recently. They played with so much heart.

    Remember the unexpected emergence of Corie Blount? I miss Chick Hern and those old school teams.
    Last edited by SoCalBear323; 12-23-2012 at 01:15 PM.

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by biely medved View Post
    Any even half way serious nba/ college fan would know Lee from Florida even. You are right to be surprised.
    The best player on your team is your 45 year old head coach. Get over it.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    Hey guys, how about a peace treaty for a few days? Christmas and all?

    Signed,

    Proud Nor Cal Lakers hating Bear.
    Hahaha...this is real funny considering the Giants "Hey Dodger fans" thread.

  13. #43
    True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Island of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,887
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebear View Post
    Hahaha...this is real funny considering the Giants "Hey Dodger fans" thread.
    Don't worry. We'll get back to that after the holidays. Lol

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    The best player on your team is your 45 year old head coach. Get over it.
    Dude ... don't look now, but your ignorance is showing !! The Warriors are the youngest team in the league, starting 2 rookies and a second year guy. 7 of their roster players have 1 YEAR OR LESS experience. Curry is in his third year and Lee is in his seventh. They (Curry and Lee) are both playing at All-Star levels. Curry is just learning the PG position and is averaging 20.2 PPG (on 16 shots/gm) / 6.4 APG. Lee is averaging 20.0 PPG and 11.3 RPG (4th in the league).

    The Warriors are a very young team who is still learning how to close out games. Their fatal mistake last night was taking too many 3-pt shots on breakaways in 1-on-3 situations when up by more than 10 points in the 4th. They should have continued to pound the ball inside against Howard and Kobe when they each had 5 personal fouls. They will study and THEY WILL LEARN !!

    The Dub's have played virtually the entire season without their starting center (Bogut - 4 token game appearances) and their sixth man, Brandon Rush (2 games before an ACL tear on a flagrant foul). How would the Lakers do without 'world peace' or Dwight Howard??

    They have turned things around quickly and at 18-10, they are leading the "AARP" Lakers by 4.5 GAMES !! THE WARRIORS ARE FOR REAL AND THE REST OF THE LEAGUE KNOWS IT, EVEN IF YOU DON'T !!!

    Last edited by Ukrainian; 12-23-2012 at 02:58 PM.

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukrainian View Post
    Dude ... don't look now, but your ignorance is showing !! The Warriors are the youngest team in the league, starting 2 rookies and a second year guy. 7 of their roster players have 1 YEAR OR LESS experience. Curry is in his third year and Lee is in his seventh. They (Curry and Lee) are both playing at All-Star levels.
    Curry is just learning the PG position and is averaging 20.2 PPG (on 16 shots/gm) / 6.4 APG. Lee is averaging 20.0 PPG and 11.3 RPG (4th in the league).

    The Warriors are a very young team who is still learning how to close out games. Their fatal mistake last night was taking too many 3-pt shots on breakaways in 1-on-3 situations when up by more thasn 10 points in the 4th. They should have continued to pound the ball inside against Howard and Kobe when they had 5 personal fouls. They will study and THEY WILL LEARN !!

    The Dub's have played virtually the entire season without their starting center (Bugut - 4 game appearances) and their sixth man, Brandon Rush (2 games before an ACL tear on a flagrant foul). How would the Lakers do without 'world peace' or Dwight Howard??

    They have turned things around quickly and at 18-10, leading the "AARP" Lakers by 4.5 GAMES !! THE WARRIORS ARE FOR REAL AND THE REST OF THE LEAGUE KNOWS IT, EVEN IF YOU DON'T !!!

    Finally, a reasoned position. Thanks Ukranian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •